Affiliation: South Australia
- Reactions of Chinese adults to warning labels on cigarette packages: a survey in Jiangsu ProvinceYu Qin
Department of Non Communicable Disease Control, Jiangsu Province Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, 172 Jiangsu Road, Nanjing, 210009, PR China
BMC Public Health 11:133. 2011..To compare reactions to warning labels presented on cigarette packages with a specific focus on whether the new Chinese warning labels are better than the old labels and international labels...
- Soft drink consumption and mental health problems among adults in AustraliaZumin Shi
Population Research and Outcome Studies Unit, Department of Health, PO Box 287, Rundle Mall, South Australia 5000, Australia
Public Health Nutr 13:1073-9. 2010....
- Short sleep duration and obesity among Australian childrenZumin Shi
Population Research and Outcome Studies Unit, Department of Health, South Australia
BMC Public Health 10:609. 2010..There is limited information on sleep duration and obesity among Australian children. The objective of the study is to cross-sectionally examine the relationship between sleep duration and obesity in Australian children aged 5 to 15 years...
- The use of a surveillance system to measure changes in mental health in Australian adults during the global financial crisisZumin Shi
Department of Health, Population Research and Outcome Studies Unit, Adelaide, Australia
Int J Public Health 56:367-72. 2011..This study aimed to describe trends in a range of mental health indicators in South Australia where a surveillance system has been in operation since July 2002 and assess the impact of the global financial crisis (GFC)...
- Association between soft drink consumption and asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease among adults in AustraliaZumin Shi
Discipline of Medicine, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Respirology 17:363-9. 2012..The aim of this study was to examine the association between soft drink consumption and self-reported doctor-diagnosed asthma and COPD among adults living in South Australia...
- Weighting of the data and analytical approaches may account for differences in overcoming the inadequate representativeness of the respondents to the third wave of a cohort studyAnne W Taylor
Population Research and Outcome Studies, University of Adelaide, 122 Frome Street, Adelaide, South Australia, 5005 Australia
J Clin Epidemiol 66:461-4. 2013..Although of little concern if intragroup comparisons are being made or cause and effect assessed, the assessment of bias was undertaken in this study so that intergroup or descriptive analyses could be undertaken...
- Learning from an epidemiological, population-based study on prescribed medicine use in adultsKerena A Eckert
Population Research and Outcome Studies, Discipline of Medicine, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, 5005, Australia
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 22:271-7. 2013..The aim of this study was to examine changes in the prevalence of use of prescribed medicines in Australian community samples...
- Association between monosodium glutamate intake and sleep-disordered breathing among Chinese adults with normal body weightZumin Shi
Department of Nutrition and Foodborne Disease Prevention, Jiangsu Provincial Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Nanjing, China
Nutrition 29:508-13. 2013..To assess whether monosodium glutamate (MSG) intake is associated with sleep-disordered breathing (SDB)...
- Monosodium glutamate intake, dietary patterns and asthma in Chinese adultsZumin Shi
Department of Nutrition and Foodborne Disease Prevention, Jiangsu Provincial Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, Nanjing, China
PLoS ONE 7:e51567. 2012..Emerging evidence shows that diet is related to asthma. The aim of this analysis was to investigate the association between monosodium glutamate (MSG) intake, overall dietary patterns and asthma...
- Chronic medical conditions mediate the association between depression and cardiovascular disease mortalityEvan Atlantis
Royal Adelaide Hospital, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, South Australia Health, Government of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 47:615-25. 2012..To determine whether chronic medical conditions mediate the association between depression and cardiovascular disease (CVD) mortality...
- Multimorbidity - not just an older person's issue. Results from an Australian biomedical studyAnne W Taylor
Population Research and Outcome Studies, South Australian Department of Health, Adelaide, Australia
BMC Public Health 10:718. 2010..This research assessed multimorbidity across a range of ages so that planners are informed and appropriate prevention programs, management strategies and health service/health care planning can be implemented...
- Longitudinal changes in testosterone over five years in community-dwelling menZumin Shi
Discipline of Medicine, University of Adelaide, 122 Frome Street, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:3289-97. 2013..Conclusions: An age-related decline in T levels is not inevitable but is largely explained by smoking behavior and intercurrent changes in health status, particularly obesity and depression. ..