David J Serisier
Affiliation: South Brisbane
- Clinical application of direct sputum sensitivity testing in a severe infective exacerbation of cystic fibrosisDavid J Serisier
Adult Cystic Fibrosis Unit, Southampton University Hospital NHS Trust, Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Pediatr Pulmonol 35:463-6. 2003..DSST is a form of "whole" sputum sensitivity testing that provides information on antibiotic synergy, and may more accurately reflect in vivo antibiotic sensitivity patterns in cystic fibrosis...
- Risks of population antimicrobial resistance associated with chronic macrolide use for inflammatory airway diseasesDavid J Serisier
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Mater Adult Hospital, South Brisbane, QLD, Australia University of Queensland and Mater Medical Research Institute, Mater Health Services, South Brisbane, QLD, Australia Electronic address
Lancet Respir Med 1:262-74. 2013....
- Inhaled, dual release liposomal ciprofloxacin in non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis (ORBIT-2): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialDavid J Serisier
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Mater Medical Research Institute and University of Queensland, Mater Adult Hospital, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Thorax 68:812-7. 2013..Dual release ciprofloxacin for inhalation (DRCFI) contains liposomal ciprofloxacin, formulated to optimise airway antibiotic delivery...
- Effect of long-term, low-dose erythromycin on pulmonary exacerbations among patients with non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis: the BLESS randomized controlled trialDavid J Serisier
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Level 9, Mater Adult Hospital, Raymond Terr, South Brisbane, Queensland 4101, Australia
JAMA 309:1260-7. 2013..Macrolide antibiotics such as erythromycin may improve clinical outcomes in non-cystic fibrosis (CF) bronchiectasis, although associated risks of macrolide resistance are poorly defined...
- Australasian respiratory and emergency physicians do not use the pneumonia severity index in community-acquired pneumoniaDavid J Serisier
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Mater Adult Hospital, Auchenflower, Queensland, Australia
Respirology 18:291-6. 2013..Until recently, the Australasian Therapeutic Guidelines has recommended the use of the Pneumonia Severity Index (PSI) in spite of poor user-friendliness...
- Antimicrobial susceptibility and synergy studies of cystic fibrosis sputum by direct sputum sensitivity testingD J Serisier
Department of Respiratory Medicine and University of Qld, Mater Adult Hospital Infection, Inflammation and Immunity Program, Mater Medical Research Institute, Lvl 9, Raymond Tce, South Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 31:3211-6. 2012..Future studies will determine whether these potential theoretical advantages translate into clinical benefits...
- Inhaled antibiotics for lower respiratory tract infections: focus on ciprofloxacinD J Serisier
Dept of Respiratory Medicine, University of Queensland, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Drugs Today (Barc) 48:339-51. 2012....
- Long-term, low-dose erythromycin in bronchiectasis subjects with frequent infective exacerbationsD J Serisier
Dept of Respiratory Medicine, Lvl 9, Mater Adult Hospital, Raymond Tce, South Brisbane, QLD 4101, Australia
Respir Med 105:946-9. 2011..Widespread, injudicious use of long-acting macrolides, particularly azithromycin, risks significantly increasing population antimicrobial resistance...
- Macrorheology of cystic fibrosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease & normal sputumDavid J Serisier
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Mater Adult Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Respir Res 10:63. 2009..We therefore reassessed this question using whole sputum macrorheology. Additionally, we wished to further explore the relationships between sputum rheology, inflammation and infection...
- Effect of albuterol on maximal exercise capacity in cystic fibrosisDavid J Serisier
DM, Department of Respiratory Medicine, Mater Adult Hospital, South Brisbane, QLD 4101, Australia
Chest 131:1181-7. 2007..We tested the hypothesis that inhaled albuterol would improve maximal exercise performance in CF subjects with airflow obstruction, as a result of acute bronchodilation...
- Effect of a simple educational intervention on the hospital management of community-acquired pneumoniaDavid J Serisier
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Mater Adult Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Respirology 12:389-93. 2007..While quality improvement projects have been linked to better CAP management and outcomes, there are limited data evaluating simple and achievable interventions...
- Bacterial activity in cystic fibrosis lung infectionsGeraint B Rogers
Department of Life Sciences, King s College London, London, UK
Respir Res 6:49. 2005..The aim of this study was to determine whether the species present were active and, as such, worthy of further investigation as potential pathogens...
- Eradication of pulmonary methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in cystic fibrosis with linezolidDavid J Serisier
J Cyst Fibros 3:61. 2004