H D McIntyre
Affiliation: South Brisbane
- Odds, risks and appropriate diagnosis of gestational diabetesH David McIntyre
Mater Medical Research Institute, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Med J Aust 202:309-11. 2015..Pregnancy complications have multiple potential underlying causes. No set of glucose criteria will ever be able to fully separate women and babies at risk of pregnancy complications from those who are not. ..
- Pregnancy And Neonatal Diabetes Outcomes in Remote Australia (PANDORA) StudyLouise J Maple-Brown
Menzies School of Health Research, Charles Darwin University, PO Box 41096, Casuarina NT 0811, Darwin, Australia
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 13:221. 2013....
- Counterpoint: Establishing consensus in the diagnosis of GDM following the HAPO studyH David McIntyre
University of Queensland, Mater Medical Research Institute Level 3, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Curr Diab Rep 14:497. 2014..In this "counterpoint," we also provide specific rebuttal for errors of fact and disputed contentions provided by Long and Cundy in their 2013 article in Current Diabetes Reports...
- Pilot study of an individualised early postpartum intervention to increase physical activity in women with previous gestational diabetesHarold David McIntyre
The University of Queensland, St Lucia, QLD 4072, Australia
Int J Endocrinol 2012:892019. 2012..However, no measurable improvement in metabolic or biometric parameters was observed over a three month period...
- Achievement of cardiovascular risk factor targets in young adults with diabetes mellitusPeter J Donovan
Department of Endocrinology, Mater Health Services, Mater Clinical School, The University of Queensland School of Medicine, South Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes 3:387-94. 2010..Many patients with diabetes mellitus fail to achieve treatment targets recommended in recognized guidelines. Little data is available in this area relating to young adults...
- Evaluation of the 'healthy start to pregnancy' early antenatal health promotion workshop: a randomized controlled trialShelley A Wilkinson
Mater Medical Research Institute, Mothers and Babies Theme, Raymond Terrace, South Brisbane, Queensland, 4101, Australia
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 12:131. 2012..The aim of this research was to deliver a low-intensity, dietitian-led behavior change workshop at a Maternity Hospital to influence behaviors with demonstrated health outcomes...
- Matching diagnosis and management of diabetes in pregnancy to local priorities and resources: an international approachH David McIntyre
University of Queensland, Mater Health Services and Mater Medical Research Institute, South Brisbane, Australia
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 115:S26-9. 2011..Scaled implementation of these criteria adapted to a variety of local healthcare contexts should improve both research endeavors and patient care...
- Overweight and obesity in Australian mothers: epidemic or endemic?H David McIntyre
University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Med J Aust 196:184-8. 2012..To document temporal trends in maternal overweight and obesity in Australian women and to examine associations with pregnancy outcomes...
- Exercise in obese pregnant women: the role of social factors, lifestyle and pregnancy symptomsKatie F Foxcroft
Department of Internal Medicine and Aged Care, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Butterfield St, Brisbane, 4029, Australia
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 11:4. 2011..We examined which relevant sociodemographic, obstetric, and health behaviour variables and pregnancy symptoms were associated with exercise in a small sample of obese pregnant women...
- Placental growth hormone, fetal growth and the IGF axis in normal and diabetic pregnancyH D McIntyre
University of Queensland, Mater Clinical School, South Brisbane, QLD 4101, Australia
Curr Diabetes Rev 5:185-9. 2009....
- Pregnancy in type 2 diabetes mellitus--problems & promisesH D McIntyre
School of Medicine, University of Queensland, Mater Health Services, Australia
Curr Diabetes Rev 5:190-200. 2009..We highlight the need for a comprehensive strategy to improve clinical outcomes in these pregnancies...
- Hormonal and metabolic factors associated with variations in insulin sensitivity in human pregnancyH David McIntyre
The University of Queensland and Mater Health Services, South Brisbane, Australia
Diabetes Care 33:356-60. 2010..The objective of this study was to determine maternal hormonal and metabolic factors associated with insulin sensitivity in human pregnancy...
- Dose adjustment for normal eating (DAFNE) - an audit of outcomes in AustraliaH David McIntyre
Endocrinology and Obstetric Medicine, University of Queensland and Mater Health Services, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Med J Aust 192:637-40. 2010..To audit and describe the effects of participation in the Dose Adjustment for Normal Eating (DAFNE) course on clinical outcomes in people with type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM)...
- Associations of serum vitamin D concentrations with obstetric glucose metabolism in a subset of the Hyperglycemia and Adverse Pregnancy Outcome (HAPO) study cohortD S A McLeod
Department of Internal Medicine, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Herston, QLD, Australia
Diabet Med 29:e199-204. 2012..To assess associations between maternal serum vitamin D concentration and glucose metabolism in a cohort of pregnant women living in an Australian subtropical environment...
- Placental growth hormone is not suppressed by oral glucose loading in normal human pregnancyH D McIntyre
Department of Endocrinology, Mater Hospital, Stanley Street, South Brisbane, Q 4101 Australia
Horm Metab Res 34:250-3. 2002..Our results support the proposition that PGH concentrations in maternal serum are not suppressed by oral glucose loading in non-diabetic mothers...
- Cardiac function in fetuses of poorly-controlled pre-gestational diabetic pregnancies--a pilot studyS F Wong
Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Mater Mothers Hospital, South Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Gynecol Obstet Invest 56:113-6. 2003..It is still controversial whether this is due to poor glucose control. The aim of this study is to compare the cardiac function in fetuses of well- and poorly-controlled pre-gestational diabetic pregnancy in third trimester...
- Sonographic estimation of fetal weight in macrosomic fetuses: diabetic versus non-diabetic pregnanciesS F Wong
Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Mater Mothers' Hospital, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 41:429-32. 2001..When sonographic fetal weight estimation is used to influence the mode of delivery for diabetic women, a more conservative cut-off needs to be considered...
- Fetal growth patterns in fetuses of women with pregestational diabetes mellitusS F Wong
Maternal Fetal Medicine Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Queensland, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 28:934-8. 2006..To assess the effect of glucose control on the rate of growth of fetuses in women with pregestational diabetes mellitus (Types 1 and 2)...
- Ductus venosus velocimetry in monitoring pregnancy in women with pregestational diabetes mellitusS F Wong
Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine, University of Queensland, Mater Mothers Hospital, South Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 36:350-4. 2010..The purpose of this research was to assess the ability of ductus venosus (DV) Doppler velocimetry to predict adverse perinatal outcome in pregnancies complicated by pre-existing diabetes mellitus...
- Insulin requirements in late pregnancy in women with type 1 diabetes mellitus: a retrospective reviewN Achong
University of Queensland, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Herston, QLD, Australia
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 98:414-21. 2012..Pregnancy in women with type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM) is generally associated with increased insulin requirements...
- Does a history of hypertensive disorders of pregnancy help predict future essential hypertension? Findings from a prospective pregnancy cohort studyL K Callaway
Department of Internal Medicine, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J Hum Hypertens 27:309-14. 2013..This suggests that counseling regarding lifestyle modification and ongoing blood pressure monitoring might reasonably be provided to all pregnant and postpartum women with identifiable risk factors for future hypertension...
- Human placental sulfate transporter mRNA profiling from term pregnancies identifies abundant SLC13A4 in syncytiotrophoblasts and SLC26A2 in cytotrophoblastsD G Simmons
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Queensland, St Lucia 4072, Australia
Placenta 34:381-4. 2013..These findings indicate important physiological roles for SLC13A4 and SLC26A2 in human placental sulfate transport...
- Routine ultrasound screening in diabetic pregnanciesS F Wong
Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Mater Mothers Hospital, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 19:171-6. 2002..To assess the detection rate of congenital fetal malformations and specific problems related to routine ultrasound screening in women with pre-existing diabetes...
- Congenital thyrotoxicosis in premature infantsC Smith
Queensland Diabetes Centre, Mater Hospitals, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 54:371-6. 2001....