H D McIntyre
Affiliation: South Brisbane
- Evaluation of the 'healthy start to pregnancy' early antenatal health promotion workshop: a randomized controlled trialShelley A Wilkinson
Mater Medical Research Institute, Mothers and Babies Theme, Raymond Terrace, South Brisbane, Queensland, 4101, Australia
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 12:131. 2012..The aim of this research was to deliver a low-intensity, dietitian-led behavior change workshop at a Maternity Hospital to influence behaviors with demonstrated health outcomes...
- Matching diagnosis and management of diabetes in pregnancy to local priorities and resources: an international approachH David McIntyre
University of Queensland, Mater Health Services and Mater Medical Research Institute, South Brisbane, Australia
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 115:S26-9. 2011..Scaled implementation of these criteria adapted to a variety of local healthcare contexts should improve both research endeavors and patient care...
- Overweight and obesity in Australian mothers: epidemic or endemic?H David McIntyre
University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Med J Aust 196:184-8. 2012..To document temporal trends in maternal overweight and obesity in Australian women and to examine associations with pregnancy outcomes...
- Exercise in obese pregnant women: the role of social factors, lifestyle and pregnancy symptomsKatie F Foxcroft
Department of Internal Medicine and Aged Care, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Butterfield St, Brisbane, 4029, Australia
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 11:4. 2011..We examined which relevant sociodemographic, obstetric, and health behaviour variables and pregnancy symptoms were associated with exercise in a small sample of obese pregnant women...
- Hormonal and metabolic factors associated with variations in insulin sensitivity in human pregnancyH David McIntyre
The University of Queensland and Mater Health Services, South Brisbane, Australia
Diabetes Care 33:356-60. 2010..The objective of this study was to determine maternal hormonal and metabolic factors associated with insulin sensitivity in human pregnancy...
- Pregnancy in type 2 diabetes mellitus--problems & promisesH D McIntyre
School of Medicine, University of Queensland, Mater Health Services, Australia
Curr Diabetes Rev 5:190-200. 2009..We highlight the need for a comprehensive strategy to improve clinical outcomes in these pregnancies...
- Placental growth hormone, fetal growth and the IGF axis in normal and diabetic pregnancyH D McIntyre
University of Queensland, Mater Clinical School, South Brisbane, QLD 4101, Australia
Curr Diabetes Rev 5:185-9. 2009....
- Dose adjustment for normal eating (DAFNE) - an audit of outcomes in AustraliaH David McIntyre
Endocrinology and Obstetric Medicine, University of Queensland and Mater Health Services, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Med J Aust 192:637-40. 2010..To audit and describe the effects of participation in the Dose Adjustment for Normal Eating (DAFNE) course on clinical outcomes in people with type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM)...
- Cardiac function in fetuses of poorly-controlled pre-gestational diabetic pregnancies--a pilot studyS F Wong
Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Mater Mothers Hospital, South Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Gynecol Obstet Invest 56:113-6. 2003..It is still controversial whether this is due to poor glucose control. The aim of this study is to compare the cardiac function in fetuses of well- and poorly-controlled pre-gestational diabetic pregnancy in third trimester...
- Sonographic estimation of fetal weight in macrosomic fetuses: diabetic versus non-diabetic pregnanciesS F Wong
Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Mater Mothers' Hospital, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 41:429-32. 2001..When sonographic fetal weight estimation is used to influence the mode of delivery for diabetic women, a more conservative cut-off needs to be considered...
- Associations of serum vitamin D concentrations with obstetric glucose metabolism in a subset of the Hyperglycemia and Adverse Pregnancy Outcome (HAPO) study cohortD S A McLeod
Department of Internal Medicine, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Herston, QLD, Australia
Diabet Med 29:e199-204. 2012..To assess associations between maternal serum vitamin D concentration and glucose metabolism in a cohort of pregnant women living in an Australian subtropical environment...
- Fetal growth patterns in fetuses of women with pregestational diabetes mellitusS F Wong
Maternal Fetal Medicine Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Queensland, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 28:934-8. 2006..To assess the effect of glucose control on the rate of growth of fetuses in women with pregestational diabetes mellitus (Types 1 and 2)...
- Ductus venosus velocimetry in monitoring pregnancy in women with pregestational diabetes mellitusS F Wong
Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine, University of Queensland, Mater Mothers Hospital, South Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 36:350-4. 2010..The purpose of this research was to assess the ability of ductus venosus (DV) Doppler velocimetry to predict adverse perinatal outcome in pregnancies complicated by pre-existing diabetes mellitus...
- Insulin requirements in late pregnancy in women with type 1 diabetes mellitus: a retrospective reviewN Achong
University of Queensland, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Herston, QLD, Australia
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 98:414-21. 2012..Pregnancy in women with type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM) is generally associated with increased insulin requirements...
- Placental growth hormone is not suppressed by oral glucose loading in normal human pregnancyH D McIntyre
Department of Endocrinology, Mater Hospital, Stanley Street, South Brisbane, Q 4101 Australia
Horm Metab Res 34:250-3. 2002..Our results support the proposition that PGH concentrations in maternal serum are not suppressed by oral glucose loading in non-diabetic mothers...
- Human placental sulfate transporter mRNA profiling from term pregnancies identifies abundant SLC13A4 in syncytiotrophoblasts and SLC26A2 in cytotrophoblastsD G Simmons
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Queensland, St Lucia 4072, Australia
Placenta 34:381-4. 2013..These findings indicate important physiological roles for SLC13A4 and SLC26A2 in human placental sulfate transport...
- Does a history of hypertensive disorders of pregnancy help predict future essential hypertension? Findings from a prospective pregnancy cohort studyL K Callaway
Department of Internal Medicine, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J Hum Hypertens 27:309-14. 2013..This suggests that counseling regarding lifestyle modification and ongoing blood pressure monitoring might reasonably be provided to all pregnant and postpartum women with identifiable risk factors for future hypertension...
- Routine ultrasound screening in diabetic pregnanciesS F Wong
Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Mater Mothers Hospital, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 19:171-6. 2002..To assess the detection rate of congenital fetal malformations and specific problems related to routine ultrasound screening in women with pre-existing diabetes...
- Congenital thyrotoxicosis in premature infantsC Smith
Queensland Diabetes Centre, Mater Hospitals, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 54:371-6. 2001....