Affiliation: South Australia
- Overuse of antidepressant drugs for the treatment of depressionJon Jureidini
Department of Psychological Medicine, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
CNS Drugs 20:623-32. 2006....
- Does direct-to-consumer advertising of antidepressants lead to a net social benefit?Jon Jureidini
Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, SA, Australia
Pharmacoeconomics 26:557-66; discussion 567-8. 2008
- Is there a role for placebo analgesia?Jon Jureidini
Department of Psychological Medicine, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide 5006, Australia
N Z Med J 116:U541. 2003
- Does dissociation offer a useful explanation for psychopathology?Jon Jureidini
Department of Psychological Medicine, Women s and Children s Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
Psychopathology 37:259-65. 2004..This review explores whether it is likely that there is a neurophysiology of pathological dissociative processes that will elucidate management...
- Combination pharmacotherapy for psychiatric disorders in children and adolescents: prevalence, efficacy, risks and research needsJon Jureidini
Discipline of Psychiatry, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Paediatr Drugs 15:377-91. 2013..Until such a time, the attitude to combination pharmacotherapy should be conservative, and combining psychotropic medications should be considered as an 'n of 1' trial to be closely monitored. ..
- Emerging psychosis in adolescents--a practical guideHsu En Lee
MBBS, FRANZCP, Cert Child Adol Psych, is a consultant psychiatrist, Women s and Children s Hospital, Boylan Inpatient Services, Adelaide, South Australia
Aust Fam Physician 42:624-7. 2013..Emerging psychosis is a challenging presentation for the general practitioner as there is disagreement in the literature about classification and appropriate treatment protocols...
- How do we safely treat depression in children, adolescents and young adults?Jon Jureidini
Department of Psychological Medicine, Children s, Youth and Women s Health Service, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Drug Saf 32:275-82. 2009..Through a combination of 'watchful waiting' and physical and emotional rehabilitation, physicians can actively intervene without reliance on medication or psychotherapy...
- Engagement with health and social care services: perceptions of homeless young people with mental health problemsPhilip Darbyshire
Department of Nursing and Midwifery Research and Practice Development, Children, Youth and Women s Health Service, University of South Australia, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Health Soc Care Community 14:553-62. 2006..The central findings stress the importance of a respectful and supportive climate in relation to the qualities of service provision that the young people identified as valuable for their continuing treatment or consultation...
- Self-management of medication for mental health problems by homeless young peopleEimear Muir-Cochrane
Children, Youth and Women s Health Service, North Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Int J Ment Health Nurs 15:163-70. 2006..For these young people, prioritizing management of medication helped stabilize one aspect of their lives. Health professionals can play an important role in helping them achieving this goal...
- The black box warning: decreased prescriptions and increased youth suicide?Jon Jureidini
Am J Psychiatry 164:1907; author reply 1908-10. 2007
- Should paroxetine be used to treat depression during pregnancy?Barbara Mintzes
Am J Psychiatry 165:1487; author reply 1487-8. 2008
- Wishful thinking: antidepressant drugs in childhood depressionAnne Tonkin
Br J Psychiatry 187:304-5. 2005
- Paroxetine in major depressionJon Jureidini
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 42:514; author reply 514-5. 2003