Terry E Jones
Affiliation: South Australia
- Drugs potentially affecting the extent of airways reversibility on pulmonary function testing are frequently consumed despite guidelinesTerry E Jones
Pharmacy Department, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woodville South, SA, Australia
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 8:383-8. 2013..Anecdotally, many subjects presenting for PFT are found to have taken drugs that might affect the test. We did an audit of patients presenting for PFT to assess the frequency with which FEV1 reversibility might be affected by drugs...
- Cardiologists are more willing to prescribe β-blockers than respiratory physicians: an Australasian clinical scenario surveyT E Jones
Pharmacy Department, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Intern Med J 43:507-12. 2013..Anecdotally, we noted a difference in willingness to prescribe β-blockers by cardiologists and respiratory physicians, especially for patients with coexisting airways disease. We sought to test this difference...
- Craving control using nicotine replacement therapy in a teaching hospitalT E Jones
Respiratory Unit and Pharmacy Department, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Intern Med J 42:317-22. 2012..Cravings may result in patients' smoking on hospital premises. Nicotine replacement may reduce cravings, decrease smoking on hospital grounds and increase interest in quitting post-discharge...
- Smoking prevalence and perspectives on smoking on campus by employees in Australian teaching hospitalsT E Jones
Respiratory Unit, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Intern Med J 42:311-6. 2012..The Queen Elizabeth Hospital has had a Stop Smoking Service for >10 years, but how smoking prevalence has changed and how it compares with similar hospitals is unknown...
- False-positive ethanol blood concentrations leading to clinical confusion on Christmas DayTerry E Jones
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, 28 Woodville Rd, Woodville Sth, SA 5000, Australia
Clin Biochem 44:1355-7. 2011..These samples were all reported as negative for ethanol. Alternative causes of altered consciousness were restricted by the false-positive ethanol laboratory results...
- Measuring the unbound concentration fails to resolve analytic interferences in digoxin immunoassaysRaymond G Morris
Department of Cardiology and Clinical Pharmacology, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woodville, South Australia, Australia
Ther Drug Monit 30:548-52. 2008..There is a strong imperative to review digoxin monitoring practices in the light of current clinical imperatives for both specificity and sensitivity reasons...
- Discordant results from "real-world" patient samples assayed for digoxinTerry E Jones
Department of Pharmacy, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woodville, South Australia
Ann Pharmacother 42:1797-803. 2008..Immunoassays are not specific, and cross-reactivity with endogenous and exogenous compounds has been reported for more than 20 years. Interassay concordance has not been investigated in recent years in "real-world" patient samples...
- Pharmacoeconomics of low-molecular-weight heparins: limitations of studies comparing them to unfractionated heparinTerry E Jones
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Department of Pharmacy, Woodville South, SA 5011, Australia
Expert Opin Pharmacother 5:1887-97. 2004..The effect of changes in acquisition costs since their introduction and the potential impact of medicolegal costs, will also be explored. Settings where evidence of benefit of LMWH over UFH is lacking will also be discussed...