J R Hardy
Affiliation: South Brisbane
- Audit of the care of the dying in a network of hospitals and institutions in QueenslandJ R Hardy
Mater Health Services, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Intern Med J 37:315-9. 2007..g. acute hospitals and residential age-care facilities) by defining goals of best care, providing guidelines to provide that care and documenting outcome...
- Can the LANSS scale be used to classify pain in chronic cancer pain trials?Janet Hardy
Department of Palliative and Supportive Care, Mater Health Services, Raymond Terrace, Sth Brisbane, QLD, 4101, Australia
Support Care Cancer 21:3387-91. 2013..The aim of this study was to determine whether the LANSS scale was an appropriate tool to classify pain in a trial of patients with advanced cancer and chronic refractory pain...
- Using aggregated single patient (N-of-1) trials to determine the effectiveness of psychostimulants to reduce fatigue in advanced cancer patients: a rationale and protocolHugh Ej Senior
Discipline of General Practice, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
BMC Palliat Care 12:17. 2013..The negative impact of fatigue on function (physical, mental, social and spiritual) and quality of life is substantial for many palliative patients as well as their families/carers...
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to assess the efficacy and toxicity of subcutaneous ketamine in the management of cancer painJanet Hardy
Dept Palliative Care, Mater Adult Hospital, Raymond Terrace, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 4101
J Clin Oncol 30:3611-7. 2012..Ketamine would be considered of net benefit if it provided clinically relevant improvement in pain with limited breakthrough analgesia and acceptable toxicity...
- Is saliva a valid substitute for plasma in pharmacokinetic studies of oxycodone and its metabolites in patients with cancer?Janet Hardy
Department of Palliative and Supportive Care, Mater Health Services, Raymond Terrace, South Brisbane QLD 4101, Australia
Support Care Cancer 20:767-72. 2012..We investigated the possibility of using saliva sampling as a simple non-invasive test to investigate opioid PKs...
- Barriers to the best care of the dying in Queensland, AustraliaJanet Hardy
Department of Palliative Care, Mater Health Services, Mater Adult Hospital, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J Palliat Med 11:1325-9. 2008..Many HCPs seem concerned about issues they are less likely to influence. The results of this survey may be useful for future workforce planning...
- The efficacy of haloperidol in the management of nausea and vomiting in patients with cancerJanet R Hardy
Department of Palliative Care, Mater Health Services, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J Pain Symptom Manage 40:111-6. 2010..Haloperidol is used commonly for the control of nausea and vomiting (N/V) in palliative care patients, but there is very little evidence to support its use...
- Is levomepromazine stable over time?J Hardy
Department of Palliative and Supportive Care, Mater Health Services, Australia
Palliat Med 25:284-5. 2011..When levomepromazine hydrochloride as Nozinan® is diluted with 0.9% sodium chloride at concentrations ranging from 0.13 to 6.25 mg/ml, and stored in polypropylene syringes, the drug is stable for at least 14 days...
- A good death down underJ R Hardy
Intern Med J 34:450-2. 2004