Jaklin A Eliott
Affiliation: South Australia
- End-of-life decision making is more than rationalJaklin A Eliott
Royal Adelaide Hospital Cancer Research Centre, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Australia
Commun Med 2:21-34. 2005..The absence of the romanticist repertoire in dominant models of patient decision making has ethical implications for policy makers and medical practitioners dealing with dying patients and their families...
- The implications of dying cancer patients' talk on cardiopulmonary resuscitation and do-not-resuscitate ordersJaklin A Eliott
Royal Adelaide Hospital Cancer Research Centre, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Qual Health Res 17:442-55. 2007....
- Legitimating do-not-resuscitate orders: a discursive study of cancer patients' speechJaklin A Eliott
Royal Adelaide Hospital Cancer Research Centre, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
J Palliat Care 19:100-6. 2003....
- Hope and hoping in the talk of dying cancer patientsJaklin A Eliott
Royal Adelaide Hospital, Cancer Centre, EW, Level 7, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
Soc Sci Med 64:138-49. 2007....
- (Using) complementary and alternative medicine: the perceptions of palliative patients with cancerJaklin A Eliott
Cancer Research Centre, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Palliat Med 11:58-67. 2008..The misperception by many (nonusers) that CAM are intended to cure and available negative moral and social judgments centred around CAM use may deter patient uptake of CAM in areas where they have proven efficacy in symptom control...
- Cancer patients' perceptions of do not resuscitate ordersIan N Olver
Royal Adelaide Hospital Cancer Center, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Psychooncology 11:181-7. 2002..Families were construed as advocates but also seen as constraining individual autonomy. When considering DNR orders, patients recognise the diversity of preferences likely to exist that belie a one policy fits all approach...
- The perceptions of do-not-resuscitate policies of dying patients with cancerIan Olver
Royal Adelaide Hospital Cancer Centre, North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia
Psychooncology 17:347-53. 2008..If doctors' and patients' assessments of eligibility for DNR orders do not coincide, the process and documentation of decision-making needs revision...