Scott W Burgess
Affiliation: South Brisbane
- The use of non-bronchoscopic brushings to study the paediatric airwayCatherine Lane
School of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, 6009, Western Australia, Australia
Respir Res 6:53. 2005....
- In vitro evaluation of an asthma dosing device: the smart-inhalerScott W Burgess
Department of Respiratory and Sleep Medicine, Mater Children s Hospital, Raymond Terrace, South Brisbane, Brisabane, Queensland 4101, Australia
Respir Med 100:841-5. 2006..The six Smart-inhalers recorded all 30 doses delivered in rapid succession. The Smart-inhaler and Doser are both highly accurate at measuring actuated doses and no spurious doses were recorded in an in vitro setting...
- Breastfeeding does not increase the risk of asthma at 14 yearsScott W Burgess
Department of Respiratory and Sleep Medicine, Mater Children s Hospital, South Brisbane, Queensland 4101, Australia
Pediatrics 117:e787-92. 2006..Our aim with this study was to investigate the relationship between breastfeeding and the prevalence of asthma in children at 14 years...
- Successful management of lymphangiomatosis and chylothorax in a 7-month-old infantScott Burgess
Department of Respiratory and Sleep Medicine, Mater Children s Hospital, South Brisbane, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 42:560-2. 2006..Resection of the patient's spleen and partial pleurectomy were associated with a dramatic improvement in his condition. At 27 months the patient was well with no evidence of further lymphangiomas or a recurrence of his chylothoraces...
- Assessing adherence and factors associated with adherence in young children with asthmaScott W Burgess
Department of Paediatrics, Redland Hospital, Cleveland, Queensland, Australia
Respirology 13:559-63. 2008..However, few data exist regarding the accuracy of subjective measures of adherence and factors associated with adherence in young children...