- The association between maltreatment in childhood and pre-pregnancy obesity in women attending an antenatal clinic in AustraliaKatharine Hollingsworth
Metro North Mental Health, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital Herston, Herston, Australia
PLoS ONE 7:e51868. 2012..Childhood adverse experiences are known to have numerous negative physical and emotional sequelae. We aimed to examine if exposure to abuse and/or neglect in childhood increased the likelihood of pre-pregnancy obesity...
- The association between delusional-like experiences, and tobacco, alcohol or cannabis use: a nationwide population-based surveySukanta Saha
Queensland Centre for Mental Health Research, The Park Centre for Mental Health, Wacol, QLD 4076, Australia
BMC Psychiatry 11:202. 2011..The aim of the study was to explore the association between DLE and three commonly used substances--tobacco, alcohol and cannabis...
- The prevalence and correlates of hallucinations in Australian adolescents: results from a national surveyJames Scott
Child and Youth Mental Health Service, Royal Children s Hospital, Herston, QLD, 4029, Australia
Schizophr Res 107:179-85. 2009..Further research may assist in understanding the variable trajectory of children and adolescents who hallucinate...
- Psychopathology during childhood and adolescence predicts delusional-like experiences in adults: a 21-year birth cohort studyJames Scott
Child and Youth Mental Health Service, Royal Children s Hospital, Herston, Queensland, Australia
Am J Psychiatry 166:567-74. 2009..Community surveys have shown that many otherwise well individuals report delusional-like experiences. The authors examined psychopathology during childhood and adolescence as a predictor of delusional-like experiences in young adulthood...
- Changing utilization of pro re nata ('as needed') sedation in a child and adolescent psychiatric inpatient unitAngela J Dean
Kids in Mind Research, Mater Child and Youth Mental Health Service, QLD, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 43:360-5. 2009..The secondary purpose was to assess whether changes in PRN sedation were related to changing patient characteristics...
- Hallucinations in adolescent inpatients with post-traumatic stress disorder and schizophrenia: similarities and differencesMary Jessop
Child and Youth Mental Health Service, Royal Children s Hospital and Health District Service, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 16:268-72. 2008..This study compares the phenomenology of hallucinations in a series of hospitalized adolescents diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and schizophrenia...
- National trends in the community prescribing of second-generation antipsychotic medications in Australian children and youth: the incomplete storySamantha Hollingworth
Senior Lecturer, School of Pharmacy, The University of Queensland, Wooloongabba, QLD, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 21:442-5. 2013..The objective of this article is to examine national trends in prescribing second-generation antipsychotic (SGA) medications to Australian children and youth (0-24 years) and to report deficiencies in available data...
- Environmental exposures: an underrecognized contribution to noncommunicable diseasesRosana E Norman
Children s Halth and Environment Program, Queenland Children s Medical Research Institute, The University of Queenland, Herston, Australia
Rev Environ Health 28:59-65. 2013....
- Adolescent peer aggression and its association with mental health and substance use in an Australian cohortSophie E Moore
Children s Health and Environment Program, Queensland Children s Medical Research Institute, University of Queensland, Royal Children s Hospital, Herston, QLD, 4029, Australia
J Adolesc 37:11-21. 2014..These results show an independent temporal relationship between peer aggression and later mental health and substance use problems in adolescence. ..
- Physical aggression during admission to a child and adolescent inpatient unit: predictors and impact on clinical outcomesAngela J Dean
Kids in Mind Research, Mater Child and Youth Mental Health Service, South Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 42:536-43. 2008..The aim of the present study was to identify predictors of aggression in a child and adolescent inpatient unit and examine differences in clinical outcomes between aggressive and non-aggressive patients...
- The long-term health consequences of child physical abuse, emotional abuse, and neglect: a systematic review and meta-analysisRosana E Norman
Queensland Children s Medical Research Institute, University of Queensland, Herston, Australia
PLoS Med 9:e1001349. 2012..The aim of this study was to summarise the evidence relating to the possible relationship between child physical abuse, emotional abuse, and neglect, and subsequent mental and physical health outcomes...
- Does depression experienced by mothers leads to a decline in marital quality: a 21-year longitudinal studyJake M Najman
Schools of Population Health and Social Science, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, 4072, Australia
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 49:121-32. 2014..Few studies however have examined the possibility that depression can lead to a decrease in marital quality and an increase in marital breakdown. Depression may be an important pathway to a decline in martial quality...
- A review of the use of clozapine levels to guide treatment and determine cause of deathAnne Stark
Metro North Mental Health, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Herston, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 46:816-25. 2012..To review the literature to examine the use of clozapine levels to (i) guide therapy and prevent toxicity in clinical care and (ii) determine cause of death in post-mortem examination of patients who were treated with clozapine...
- Motivations for self-injury in an adolescent inpatient population: development of a self-report measureSarah Swannell
Department of Psychiatry, University of Queensland, Herston, QLD, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 16:98-103. 2008..The aim of this study was to develop and pilot an instrument for the assessment of self-injury in adolescent inpatients...