Ian W Saunders
- Little evidence for association between the TGFBR1*6A variant and colorectal cancer: a family-based association study on non-syndromic family members from Australia and SpainJason P Ross
CSIRO Preventative Health Flagship, Sydney, NSW, Australia
BMC Cancer 14:475. 2014..No study has yet taken advantage of all the genetic information provided by multiplex CRC families...
- A range of simple summary genome-wide statistics for detecting genetic linkage using high density marker dataIan W Saunders
CSIRO Preventative Health National Research Flagship, CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences, Glen Osmond 5064, Australia
Genet Epidemiol 31:565-76. 2007..While the sample size was not sufficient to detect the linkage, there was a clear signal at the MLH1 location indicating that relatively small sample sizes would have been adequate to detect linkage to this gene...
- Estimating genotyping error rates from Mendelian errors in SNP array genotypes and their impact on inferenceIan W Saunders
Preventative Health National Research Flagship, Private Bag No 2, Glen Osmond, SA 5064, Australia
Genomics 90:291-6. 2007..Simulated data are used to show that the number of SNPs on this array is sufficient for such a low error rate to have little impact on identical by descent-based inference for disease linkage in sib-pair studies...
- Assessing the potential usefulness of IGF-related peptides and adiponectin for predicting disease riskDamien P Belobrajdic
CSIRO, Preventative Health National Research Flagship, P O Box 10041, Adelaide, BC 5000, Australia
Growth Horm IGF Res 18:198-204. 2008..The purpose of this study was to use the D-value to predict the potential usefulness of IGF-related peptides and adiponectin as biomarkers for the diagnosis of colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- A measure of the performance of biomarkers for diseaseIan W Saunders
CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences, Glen Osmond, Australia
Cancer Biomark 2:145-50. 2006..The impact of within-individual and between-individual variation in biomarker levels is also evaluated. An approach to the choice of sample size for experiments to estimate D is described...