Affiliation: Royal Children's Hospital
- Can questions about social interaction correctly identify preschool aged children with autism?Katrina Williams
Department of Community Child Health, Sydney Children s Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 49:E167-74. 2013..We developed a questionnaire to assess social development (SIQ) in preschool children. Social development is often not included in medical assessment, though it may assist in early identification of autism spectrum disorder (ASD)...
- The evaluation of an evidence-based clinical answer format for pediatriciansIva Seto
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
BMC Pediatr 12:34. 2012..The aim of this paper is to report on a survey used to test and improve the CA format...
- Intravenous secretin for autism spectrum disorders (ASD)Katrina Williams
Department of DevelopmentalMedicine, Royal Children sHospital, Parkville, Australia
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 4:CD003495. 2012..In 1998 secretin, a gastrointestinal hormone, was suggested as an effective treatment for autism spectrum disorders (ASD) based on anecdotal evidence...
- Performance of the Australian Developmental Screening Test in a clinical settingJoanne Morris
Department of Community Child Health, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 48:1004-9. 2012..The study aims to assess the sensitivity and specificity of the Australian Developmental Screening Test (ADST) in a clinical setting in detecting developmental concerns that warrant further assessment or treatment...
- Auditory integration training and other sound therapies for autism spectrum disorders (ASD)Yashwant Sinha
Centre for Kidney Research, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Locked Bag 4001, Westmead, New South Wales, Australia, 2145
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 12:CD003681. 2011..Other sound therapies bearing similarities to auditory integration therapy include the Tomatis Method and Samonas Sound Therapy...
- Emergency department presentations by Aboriginal children: Issues for consideration for appropriate health servicesCatriona Duncan
Department of Community Child Health, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 49:E448-50. 2013....
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) for autism spectrum disorders (ASD)Katrina Williams
Department of Paediatrics, University of Melbourne, The Royal Children s Hospital, 50 Flemington Rd, Parkville, Victoria, Australia, 3052
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 8:CD004677. 2013..Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are prescribed for the treatment of conditions often comorbid with ASD such as depression, anxiety and obsessive-compulsive behaviours...
- A systematic review of two outcomes in autism spectrum disorder - epilepsy and mortalitySue Woolfenden
University of New South Wales, Randwick, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Dev Med Child Neurol 54:306-12. 2012..The aim of this systematic review is to provide comprehensive evidence for clinicians, carers, and people with ASD regarding these outcomes...
- Introducing clinical paediatrics to medical students: a novel hospital visitation programme involving Kindergarten childrenMimi Pham
School of Women and Children s Health, University of New South Wales, and Sydney Children s Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Med Teach 32:e276-81. 2010..At the University of New South Wales, Sydney, we developed a programme involving well Kindergarten children visiting Sydney Children's Hospital to introduce medical students to clinical paediatric medicine...
- Multiple accountabilities in incident reporting and managementSu yin Hor
University of Technology, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Qual Health Res 20:1091-100. 2010..We suggest that systematic efforts toward improvement cannot be divorced from the local context, and emphasize the importance of local ecologies of practice in facilitating the meaningful utilization of such incident reporting systems...
- Iron supplementation for breath-holding attacks in childrenAnthony A Zehetner
Department of General Medicine, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Locked Bag 4001, Cnr Hainsworth and Hawkesbury Roads, Westmead, New South Wales, Australia, 2145
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 5:CD008132. 2010..Iron may still be of assistance in children who are not anaemic or who have low, normal haemoglobin levels. Further high-quality randomised control trials of iron supplementation to treat breath-holding attacks in children are required...
- The prevalence of autism in Australia. Can it be established from existing data?Katrina Williams
Sydney Children s Hospital, Sydney, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 44:504-10. 2008..To assess whether existing data collection mechanisms can provide accurate and sufficient information about the prevalence of autism in Australia...