Affiliation: Royal Children's Hospital
- Sleep problems in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: prevalence and the effect on the child and familyValerie Sung
Centre for Community Child Health, Royal Children s Hospital, Flemington Road, Parkville, Victoria, Australia 3052
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 162:336-42. 2008....
- Probiotics to improve outcomes of colic in the community: protocol for the Baby Biotics randomised controlled trialValerie Sung
Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Australia
BMC Pediatr 12:135. 2012..The Baby Biotics trial aims to determine whether the probiotic Lactobacillus reuteri DSM 17938 is effective in reducing crying in infants less than three months old (<13.0 weeks) with infant colic when compared to placebo...
- Does sleep duration predict metabolic risk in obese adolescents attending tertiary services? A cross-sectional studyValerie Sung
Centre for Community Child Health, Royal Children s Hospital and Murdoch Children s Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Sleep 34:891-8. 2011..To determine, in a clinical sample of obese adolescents, whether shorter sleep duration is associated with metabolic risk and obesity severity...
- Treating infant colic with the probiotic Lactobacillus reuteri: double blind, placebo controlled randomised trialValerie Sung
Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
BMJ 348:g2107. 2014..To determine whether the probiotic Lactobacillus reuteri DSM 17938 reduces crying or fussing in a broad community based sample of breastfed infants and formula fed infants with colic aged less than 3 months...
- Probiotics to prevent or treat excessive infant crying: systematic review and meta-analysisValerie Sung
Department of Paediatrics, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Australia2Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Parkville, Australia3Centre for Community Child Health, Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Australia
JAMA Pediatr 167:1150-7. 2013..Results from larger rigorously designed studies applicable to all crying infants will help draw more definitive conclusions. ..
- Dark chocolate for children's blood pressure: randomised trialEunice K Chan
Centre for Community Child Health, Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Arch Dis Child 97:637-40. 2012..Higher adult blood pressure, even without hypertension, predicts cardiovascular outcomes, and is predicted by childhood blood pressure. Regular dark chocolate intake lowers blood pressure in adults, but effects in children are unknown...
- Estimating inspired oxygen concentration delivered by nasal prongs in children with bronchiolitisValerie Sung
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 44:14-8. 2008..We aimed to determine whether FiO(2) of oxygen delivered by nasal prongs could be predicted from nasal flow by relating arterial oxygen concentrations achieved with prongs to those achieved via head box in children with bronchiolitis...
- Dengue Fever in travelers returning from southeast AsiaValerie Sung
Victorian Infectious Disease Service, Royal Melbourne Hospital, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
J Travel Med 10:208-13. 2003..Dengue fever is an important illness facing travelers from nonendemic to endemic countries...