Matthew A Sabin
Affiliation: Royal Children's Hospital
- IGFBP-2 at the interface of growth and metabolism--implications for childhood obesityMatthew A Sabin
Centre for Hormone Research and Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital and University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev 8:382-93. 2011....
- The LIFE child study: a life course approach to disease and healthMirja Quante
LIFE Leipzig Research Centre for Civilization Diseases, University of Leipzig, Philipp Rosenthalstrasse 27, D 04103 Leipzig, Germany
BMC Public Health 12:1021. 2012..Epidemiological studies together with new powerful research technologies present exciting opportunities to the elucidation of risk factor-outcome associations with potentially major consequences for prevention, diagnosis and treatment...
- Dietary monounsaturated fat in early life regulates IGFBP2: implications for fat mass accretion and insulin sensitivityMatthew A Sabin
Centre for Hormone Research, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute and Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:2374-81. 2011..In conclusion, diets high in fat, but not sugar, promote visceral adiposity and insulin resistance in maturing pigs, with evidence that fatty acids have direct and indirect effects on IGFBP2 mRNA expression in muscle...
- The role of pharmacotherapy in the prevention and treatment of paediatric metabolic syndrome--Implications for long-term health: part of a series on Pediatric Pharmacology, guest edited by Gianvincenzo Zuccotti, Emilio Clementi, and Massimo MolteniM A Sabin
The Royal Children s Hospital, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute and University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Pharmacol Res 65:397-401. 2012....
- Precocious puberty in Turner syndromeMatthew A Sabin
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 43:776-8. 2007..This case acts as a useful clinical vignette with which to highlight important aspects of diagnosis and treatment in children with TS, particularly in relation to future growth potential and issues relating to fertility...
- Type 1 diabetes--still the commonest form of diabetes in childrenMatthew A Sabin
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria
Aust Fam Physician 38:695-7. 2009....
- Genetics of obesity and overgrowth syndromesMatthew A Sabin
Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital, Flemington Road, Parkville, VIC 3052, Australia
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 25:207-20. 2011..This review describes the genetic syndromes associated with obesity and overgrowth...
- Elevated glucose concentrations during an oral glucose tolerance test are associated with the presence of metabolic syndrome in childhood obesityM A Sabin
Clinical Sciences, The University of Bristol and Royal Hospital for Children, Bristol, UK
Diabet Med 25:289-95. 2008....
- Shared care obesity management in 3-10 year old children: 12 month outcomes of HopSCOTCH randomised trialMelissa Wake
Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville VIC 3052, Australia
BMJ 346:f3092. 2013....
- Leptin enhances insulin sensitivity by direct and sympathetic nervous system regulation of muscle IGFBP-2 expression: evidence from nonrodent modelsSteven W Yau
Centre for Hormone Research S W Y, V C R, G A W, M A S, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute and Royal Children s Hospital, and Department of Paediatrics S W Y, V C R, G A W, M A S, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria 3052, Australia Department of Physiology S W Y, B A H, I J C, M A S, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria 3800, Australia and Institute of Sport, Exercise and Active Living and the College of Health and Biomedicine G K M, Victoria University, Melbourne, Victoria 3011, Australia
Endocrinology 155:2133-43. 2014..In summary, leptin regulates skeletal muscle IGFBP-2 by both direct peripheral and central (via the sympathetic nervous system) mechanisms, and these likely impact on peripheral insulin sensitivity and glucose metabolism. ..
- Which factors are associated with a successful outcome in a weight management programme for obese children?Matthew A Sabin
Institute for Child Health, University of Bristol, and Bristol Royal Hospital for Children, Bristol, UK
J Eval Clin Pract 13:364-8. 2007....
- Monitoring height and weight: findings from a developmental paediatric serviceTess Lionti
Royal Children s Hospital, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute and University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 49:1063-8. 2013..To assess the recording of weight and height in children with disabilities and identify subgroups at risk of being either underweight or overweight...
- How training affects Australian paediatricians' management of obesityMelissa Wake
Centre for Community Child Health, Royal Children s Hospital Melbourne, Parkville, Vic, Australia
Arch Dis Child 98:3-8. 2013..We aimed to determine Australian paediatricians' self-reported competence and training in managing obesity and, in a linked patient-level audit, whether these predict rates of measurement and obesity diagnosis...
- Depot-specific effects of fatty acids on lipid accumulation in children's adipocytesMatthew A Sabin
University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 361:356-61. 2007..3%[14.0]; p=0.01), but not visceral (Oleate 1000 microM: +16.2%[9.6]; p=0.25) adipocytes. These data suggest that saturated and unsaturated fatty acids may exert depot-specific effects on lipid accumulation...
- An observational study of type 2 diabetes within a large Australian tertiary hospital pediatric diabetes serviceSandra D Ruhayel
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes at the Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Pediatr Diabetes 11:544-51. 2010..Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) is emerging as a significant clinical problem within the pediatric population...
- Where should we measure waist circumference in clinically overweight and obese youth?Matthew A Sabin
Department of Physiology, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, The Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Department of Paediatrics, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 50:519-24. 2014..The objective of this study was to assess whether, in clinically overweight/obese youth, 'pannicular' WC better correlates with fat mass than a standard WC measurement...
- Overgrowth syndromesOrla M Neylon
Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital and University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Curr Opin Pediatr 24:505-11. 2012..Intensive research in these divergent areas, and particularly in the field of genetics, continues to clarify the molecular basis of disorders which result in overgrowth, and it is therefore timely to provide a review of these findings...
- A shared-care model of obesity treatment for 3-10 year old children: protocol for the HopSCOTCH randomised controlled trialMelissa Wake
Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Vic, Australia
BMC Pediatr 12:39. 2012..HopSCOTCH (the Shared Care Obesity Trial in Children) will determine whether a shared-care model, in which paediatric obesity specialists co-manage obesity with general practitioners, can improve adiposity in obese children...
- Clinical measures of adiposity and percentage fat loss: which measure most accurately reflects fat loss and what should we aim for?Linda P Hunt
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Bristol Royal Hospital for Children and University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Arch Dis Child 92:399-403. 2007..To determine which clinical measure of childhood obesity should be monitored to best reflect change in adiposity in a weight management programme and estimate the degree of change needed to be relatively certain of fat reduction...
- Childhood obesityM A Sabin
Royal Children s Hospital and Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia
Front Horm Res 36:85-96. 2008....
- Fasting nonesterified fatty acid profiles in childhood and their relationship with adiposity, insulin sensitivity, and lipid levelsMatthew A Sabin
Clinical Sciences South Bristol, University of Bristol and Bristol Royal Hospital for Children, Bristol, United Kingdom
Pediatrics 120:e1426-33. 2007....