Affiliation: Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Dementia: an update to refresh your memoryD LoGiudice
National Ageing Research Institute and Melbourne Extended Care and Rehabilitation Service, Victoria, Australia
Intern Med J 32:535-40. 2002..The present paper provides a clinical update on recent advances in diagnosis and management of the most common forms of dementia...
- Lungurra Ngoora--a pilot model of care for aged and disabled in a remote Aboriginal community--can it work?D C LoGiudice
Melbourne Health, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Rural Remote Health 12:2078. 2012..This study explored the development and implementation of a locally designed community service model of care for older people, and people with disability and/or mental health problems in remote Aboriginal Australia...
- Preliminary evaluation of the prevalence of falls, pain and urinary incontinence in remote living Indigenous Australians over the age of 45 yearsD C LoGiudice
Western Australian Centre for Health and Ageing, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Intern Med J 42:e102-7. 2012..To report on the prevalence of falls, urinary incontinence, pain and associated factors in remote living Indigenous Australians over the age of 45 years...
- The fitness for the Ageing Brain Study II (FABS II): protocol for a randomized controlled clinical trial evaluating the effect of physical activity on cognitive function in patients with Alzheimer's diseaseElizabeth V Cyarto
National Ageing Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia
Trials 11:120. 2010..This paper describes the background, objectives of the study, and an overview of the protocol including design, organization and data collection methods...
- Effectiveness of balance training exercise in people with mild to moderate severity Alzheimer's disease: protocol for a randomised trialKeith D Hill
Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Faculty of Health Sciences, La Trobe University, Bundoora, Victoria, 3086 Australia
BMC Geriatr 9:29. 2009..The primary objective of this study is to evaluate whether a home-based balance exercise programme improves balance performance in people with mild to moderate severity Alzheimer's disease...
- Uncommon dementia and the carer's perspectiveD LoGiudice
Melbourne Extended Care and Rehabilitation Service, Parkville, Australia 3052
Int Psychogeriatr 17:S223-31. 2005..Further research into this area is required...
- Kimberley Indigenous Cognitive Assessment tool (KICA): development of a cognitive assessment tool for older indigenous AustraliansD LoGiudice
National Ageing Research Institute, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Int Psychogeriatr 18:269-80. 2006..The psychometric properties of the cognitive assessment section (KICA-Cog) are described in this paper...
- High prevalence of dementia and cognitive impairment in Indigenous AustraliansK Smith
Western Australian Centre for Health and Ageing, University of Western Australia, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, WA, Australia
Neurology 71:1470-3. 2008..To determine the prevalence of dementia and cognitive impairment among older Indigenous Australians...
- The psychosocial health status of carers of persons with dementia: a comparison with the chronically illD LoGiudice
University of Melbourne, National Ageing Research Institute, Northwest Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Qual Life Res 7:345-51. 1998..Commensurate with studies exploring the health status of those suffering from diseases, the measurement of the psychosocial health status of carers should also be considered in the scope of assessment and intervention...
- Do memory clinics improve the quality of life of carers? A randomized pilot trialD LoGiudice
National Ageing Research Institute, Northwest Hospital, Parkville, Australia
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:626-32. 1999..To determine the effects of attendance at a memory clinic on the psychosocial health of carers...
- Equity of access to a memory clinic in Melbourne? Non-English speaking background attenders are more severely demented and have increased rates of psychiatric disordersD LoGiudice
Melbourne Extended Care and Rehabilitation Service, National Ageing Research Institute, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:327-34. 2001..The aim of this study was to compare demographic and clinical features of patients from Non-English Speaking Background (NESB) with those from English Speaking Background (ESB) who attended a memory clinic in Melbourne, Australia...
- Delirium in elderly general medical inpatients: a prospective studyR K Iseli
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Intern Med J 37:806-11. 2007....
- Phenomenology of squalor, hoarding and self-neglect: an Australian aged care perspectiveS M Lee
Western Health, Sunshine Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Intern Med J 42:98-101. 2012..Practical guidelines are required for appropriate assessment and management of these conditions...
- Contrasting perceptions of health professionals and older people in Australia: what constitutes elder abuse?C Hempton
National Ageing Research Institute, Parkville, Australia
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 26:466-72. 2011..To explore the perceptions of family carers, older people and health professionals in Australia about what constitutes elder abuse...
- Impaired peripheral endothelial microvascular responsiveness in Alzheimer's diseaseZ Khalil
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Melbourne, Melbourne Victoria, Australia
J Alzheimers Dis 11:25-32. 2007..The concept that the neurotoxicity of amyloid beta protein could partly result from vascular effects that may be detected in peripheral microcirculation is new...