Mark A Dawson
Affiliation: Royal Children's Hospital
- Successful mobilization of peripheral blood stem cells using recombinant human stem cell factor in heavily pretreated patients who have failed a previous attempt with a granulocyte colony-stimulating factor-based regimenM A Dawson
Bone Marrow Transplant Programme, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:389-96. 2005....
- Blood transfusion requirements for patients undergoing chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukemia how much is enough?Mark A Dawson
Clinical Haematology Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Alfred Pathology Service, The Alfred Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Haematologica 92:996-7. 2007....
- AIDS-related plasmablastic lymphoma of the oral cavity associated with an IGH/MYC translocation--treatment with autologous stem-cell transplantation in a patient with severe haemophilia-AMark A Dawson
Clinical Haematology Bone Marrow Transplant Department, The Alfred, Commercial Road, Prahran, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Haematologica 92:e11-2. 2007..We describe the first reported cytogenetic abnormality in plasmablastic lymphoma, an IgH/MYC translocation. It is also the first description of autologous stem cell transplantation in a patient with severe haemophilia A...
- Mature neutrophils with multiple Auer rods: a rarity in normal karyotype acute myeloid leukaemiaMark A Dawson
Department of Haematology, Alfred Pathology Service, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Br J Haematol 137:86. 2007
- Extramedullary relapse of multiple myeloma presenting as hematemesis and melenaMark A Dawson
Department of Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation, The Alfred Hospital, Commercial Road, Prahran, Melbourne, Victoria 3181, Australia
Nat Clin Pract Oncol 3:223-6; quiz 227. 2006..She presented with hematemesis and melena following salvage chemotherapy with dexamethasone, cyclophosphamide, etoposide, cisplatin, and rescue therapy with single-agent bortezomib...
- Linezolid-induced dyserythropoiesis: chloramphenicol toxicity revisitedM A Dawson
Haematology Department, The Alfred, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Intern Med J 35:626-8. 2005..We report here two cases of dyserythropoietic anaemia associated with long-term linezolid use that share striking similarities to chloramphenicol-associated myelotoxicity...
- Clinical and immunohistochemical features associated with a response to bortezomib in patients with multiple myelomaMark A Dawson
Clinical Haematology Bone Marrow Transplant Department, The Alfred Hospital, Commercial Road, Prahran, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3181
Clin Cancer Res 15:714-22. 2009..However, there remains a paucity of data in patients treated with bortezomib that accurately delineates and identifies such patients. This information is crucial to guide management...
- Extramedullary relapse of multiple myeloma associated with a shift in secretion from intact immunoglobulin to light chainsMark A Dawson
Haematologica 92:143-4. 2007..This is illustrated in our series of three patients showing fulminant relapse of disease with plasmablastic features, an extramedullary predilection and a shift in secretion from intact immunoglobulin to free light chains only...
- Successful use of haploidentical stem-cell transplantation with KIR mismatch as initial therapy for poor-risk myelodysplastic syndromeMark A Dawson
J Clin Oncol 23:4473-4. 2005
- The PRKAR1A gene is fused to RARA in a new variant acute promyelocytic leukemiaAlberto Catalano
Institute of Haematology, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Blood 110:4073-6. 2007..This trial was registered at www.actr.org.au with the Australian Clinical Trials Registry as number 12605000070639...