Affiliation: Royal Children's Hospital
- The epidemiology of paediatric head injuries: data from a referral centre in Victoria, AustraliaLouise Crowe
University of Melbourne, Critical Care and Neurosciences, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Victoria, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 45:346-50. 2009....
- A prospective observational study to assess the diagnostic accuracy of clinical decision rules for children presenting to emergency departments after head injuries (protocol): the Australasian Paediatric Head Injury Rules Study (APHIRST)Franz E Babl
Department of Emergency Medicine, Royal Children s Hospital, Flemington Rd, Parkville VIC 3052, Australia
BMC Pediatr 14:148. 2014..This study aims to prospectively validate and compare the performance accuracy of these three clinical decision rules when applied outside the derivation setting...
- Executive function outcomes of children with traumatic brain injury sustained before three yearsLouise M Crowe
Department of Psychological Science, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Child Neuropsychol 19:113-26. 2013..It appears that children who sustain a TBI before the age of 3 years display impairments in some areas of attentional control 3-4 years postinjury. The findings fit with the existing EF literature for older children...
- Head injuries in children under 3 yearsLouise M Crowe
Psychological Science, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Injury 43:2141-5. 2012..A significant number of children under 3 years sustain a head injury every year. Despite this few studies have provided detailed information about these injuries...
- Timing of traumatic brain injury in childhood and intellectual outcomeLouise M Crowe
Critical Care and Neuroscience, Murdoch Children s Research Institute, Australia
J Pediatr Psychol 37:745-54. 2012..This study extended previous research by examining whether the influence of age on recovery fits an early vulnerability or critical developmental periods model...
- Intellectual, behavioral, and social outcomes of accidental traumatic brain injury in early childhoodLouise M Crowe
Psychology Department, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Pediatrics 129:e262-8. 2012..The role of injury and environmental factors in recovery was examined...
- Head injuries related to sports and recreation activities in school-age children and adolescents: data from a referral centre in Victoria, AustraliaLouise M Crowe
Department of Behavioural Science, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Emerg Med Australas 22:56-61. 2010..We set out to determine the causes of sport-related HI in school-age children presenting to a large urban ED as a basis for future interventions...
- Application of the CHALICE clinical prediction rule for intracranial injury in children outside the UK: impact on head CT rateLouise Crowe
University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Arch Dis Child 95:1017-22. 2010..The authors set out to determine the impact of this rule on the proportion of head injured patients receiving a CT scan in a major Australian paediatric emergency department...
- Social function assessment tools for children and adolescents: a systematic review from 1988 to 2010L M Crowe
Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia
Clin Psychol Rev 31:767-85. 2011..Results will aid researchers, psychologists and other health professionals in the selection of an appropriate tool to assess social function...
- Comparing CATCH, CHALICE and PECARN clinical decision rules for paediatric head injuriesMark D Lyttle
Emergency Department, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Emerg Med J 29:785-94. 2012..These three CDRs should undergo validation and comparison in a single population, with analysis of their impact on practice and financial implications, to aid relevant bodies in deciding which to implement...
- Neurodevelopmental profiles of children with very long chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency diagnosed by newborn screeningAmy Brown
Australian Centre for Child Neuropsychological Studies, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia Department of Paediatrics, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia Electronic address
Mol Genet Metab 113:278-82. 2014....
- Social function in children and adolescents after traumatic brain injury: a systematic review 1989-2011Stefanie Rosema
Child Neuropsychology, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Neurotrauma 29:1277-91. 2012..More research is needed to obtain an accurate picture of social outcomes post-brain injury...