Nigel W Crawford
Affiliation: Royal Children's Hospital
- Guillain-Barré syndrome following pandemic (H1N1) 2009 influenza A immunisation in Victoria: a self-controlled case seriesNigel W Crawford
Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 197:574-8. 2012..To determine the relative incidence (RI) of Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) in a single Australian state following pandemic (H1N1) 2009 influenza A immunisation (monovalent vaccine or seasonal trivalent influenza vaccine [TIV]) in 2009-2010...
- An Australian audit of vaccination status in children and adolescents with inflammatory bowel diseaseNigel W Crawford
SAEFVIC, Department of General Medicine, Royal Children s Hospital RCH, Melbourne, Victoria 3011, Australia
BMC Gastroenterol 11:87. 2011..The primary aim of this study was to describe compliance with current Australian guidelines for vaccination of children and adolescents diagnosed with IBD. A secondary aim was to review the serological screening for VPD...
- Syncope and seizures following human papillomavirus vaccination: a retrospective case seriesNigel W Crawford
Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 194:16-8. 2011..To quantify and characterise the reports of syncope and seizures following quadrivalent (4v) human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination...
- Optimizing immunization in pediatric special risk groupsNigel W Crawford
SAEFVIC, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia
Expert Rev Vaccines 10:175-86. 2011..g., varicella, influenza and pertussis vaccination). Improving timeliness and minimizing missed opportunities to vaccinate individuals with these special risk conditions will also optimize protection from vaccine-preventable diseases...
- Survivors of childhood cancer: an Australian audit of vaccination status after treatmentNigel W Crawford
NHMRC Centre for Clinical Research Excellence in Child and Adolescent Immunization, Parkville, Vic, Australia
Pediatr Blood Cancer 54:128-33. 2010..The aim of this study was to describe the compliance of post-chemotherapy revaccination of childhood cancer survivors relative to current Australian guidelines...
- Immunisation practices in infants born prematurely: neonatologists' survey and clinical auditNigel W Crawford
National Health and Medical Research Council NHMRC Centre for Clinical Research Excellence in Child and Adolescent Immunisation, Murdoch Children s Research Institute, Department of General Medicine, Royal Children s Hospital RCH, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 45:602-9. 2009..To determine Australian neonatologists' recommendations for the immunisation of ex-preterm infants and compare their actual immunisation status with recommended Australian guidelines...
- Immunisation practices of paediatric oncologists: an Australasian surveyNigel W Crawford
NHMRC Centre for Clinical Research Excellence in Child and Adolescent Immunisation Murdoch Children s Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 43:593-6. 2007..The aim of this survey was to identify the current practices of paediatric oncologists in Australia and New Zealand regarding the immunisation of children treated for cancer...
- Foreign body aspiration in a child detected through emergency department radiology reporting: a case reportNigel W Crawford
Department of General Medicine, Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Eur J Emerg Med 14:219-21. 2007..Unfortunately, the diagnosis was delayed and only detected the next day through radiology review. The clinical history is paramount and this case highlights how emergency radiology reporting can minimize morbidity...
- Recurrent apnoea post immunisation: Informing re-immunisation policyVanessa Clifford
SAEFVIC, Murdoch Children s Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia
Vaccine 29:5681-7. 2011..The risk factors for, and recurrence rate of apnoea with subsequent immunisations are unknown, which makes planning for subsequent immunisations for these highly vulnerable infants difficult...
- Surveillance of adverse events following immunisation: the model of SAEFVIC, VictoriaHazel J Clothier
SAEFVIC, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Parkville, Victoria
Commun Dis Intell Q Rep 35:294-8. 2011..6 per 100,000 in 2003 to 13.5 per 100,000 per annum in 2009. This report describes the SAEFVIC service model and summarises outcomes and lessons learnt in the first 3 years of operation...
- Mass psychogenic response to human papillomavirus vaccinationJim P Buttery
SAEFVIC, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Royal Children's Hospital, and Department of Paediatrics, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 189:261-2. 2008
- Recurrent 6th nerve palsy in a child following different live attenuated vaccines: case reportDaryl R Cheng
Central Medical School, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
BMC Infect Dis 12:105. 2012..It has also been temporally associated with immunization, but has not been previously described following two different live attenuated vaccines...
- Complex regional pain syndrome following immunisationStephanie Richards
SAEFVIC, Department of General Medicine, Royal Children s Hospital RCH, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Arch Dis Child 97:913-5. 2012..Enhanced awareness of this syndrome and its potential to occur following immunisation in the paediatric population is vital to the prompt and effective management of this condition...
- Identification of strains of RotaTeq rotavirus vaccine in infants with gastroenteritis following routine vaccinationCeleste M Donato
Enteric Virus Group, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
J Infect Dis 206:377-83. 2012..This study identified and characterised rotavirus strains excreted by infants who presented with symptoms of gastroenteritis following recent RotaTeq vaccination...
- Minimising missed opportunities to vaccinateNigel W Crawford
J Paediatr Child Health 44:315-6. 2008