Affiliation: Royal Children's Hospital
- The increasing problem of motorcycle injuries in children and adolescentsCatherine A Bevan
Emergency Department, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 189:17-20. 2008..To quantify an anecdotally apparent increase in motorcycle-related injuries in children and adolescents across Victoria...
- Reducing "cry wolf"--changing trauma team activation at a pediatric trauma centreCatherine Bevan
Trauma Service and Emergency Department, Royal Children s Hospital and University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
J Trauma 66:698-702. 2009..We investigated if patients were appropriately classified into the three levels of trauma team activation...
- Blunt abdominal trauma in children: how predictive is ALT for liver injury?C A Bevan
Department of Trauma Services, Royal Children s Hospital and University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Emerg Med J 26:283-8. 2009..This study investigates the utility of alanine aminotransferase (ALT) in screening for liver injury in paediatric trauma...
- Assessing bladder volumes in young children prior to instrumentation: accuracy of an automated ultrasound device compared to real-time ultrasoundCatherine Bevan
Emergency Department, Murdoch Children s Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Acad Emerg Med 18:816-21. 2011..The aim of this study was to assess the repeatability and accuracy of one type of ABUS, the BladderScan, in measuring of bladder volume in children aged 0 to 24 months when compared with RTUS...
- Undergraduate child psychiatry teaching in Melbourne, AustraliaJenny K Gough
Department of Pediatrics, The University of Melbourne, Royal Children s Hospital, Flemington Rd, Parkville, Melbourne, Victoria 3052, Australia
Acad Psychiatry 34:190-4. 2010..The program facilitates a group process that draws students to reflect on the role of the doctor and his or her relationship with the patient-child, adolescent, family, and peers...
- Success rate of BladderScan-assisted suprapubic aspirationDavina Buntsma
Emergency Department, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Emerg Med Australas 24:647-51. 2012..Although simple and requiring minimal training, there are no data on the success rate of SPA using the device...
- Functional and health-related quality of life outcomes after pediatric traumaBelinda J Gabbe
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
J Trauma 70:1532-8. 2011..There is no consensus regarding the best approach to measuring outcomes in this group...