Affiliation: Royal Children's Hospital
- Preventing mental health problems in children: the Families in Mind population-based cluster randomised controlled trialHarriet Hiscock
Centre for Community Child Health, Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Australia
BMC Public Health 12:420. 2012....
- Baby Business: a randomised controlled trial of a universal parenting program that aims to prevent early infant sleep and cry problems and associated parental depressionFallon Cook
Parenting Research Centre, 5 232 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia
BMC Pediatr 12:13. 2012..This paper outlines the protocol for our study which aims to test an anticipatory guidance approach...
- Prevention of mental health problems: rationale for a universal approachJ K Bayer
Centre for Community Child Health and Murdoch Children s Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Arch Dis Child 92:34-8. 2007..The addition of universal prevention programmes for all families could address these concerns. This survey assessed the prevalence of infants at risk attending a primary care service as a delivery point for universal prevention...
- Risk factors for childhood mental health symptoms: national longitudinal study of Australian childrenJordana K Bayer
Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia
Pediatrics 128:e865-79. 2011..To determine predictors of child externalizing (behavioral) and internalizing (emotional) symptoms in a national population sample...
- Three-year-old outcomes of a brief universal parenting intervention to prevent behaviour problems: randomised controlled trialJordana K Bayer
Centre for Community Child Health, Royal Children s Hospital, Flemington Road, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
Arch Dis Child 95:187-92. 2010..To determine whether a structured programme of parent anticipatory guidance 'Toddlers Without Tears,' delivered in universal primary care, can prevent preschool child behaviour problems...
- Systematic review of preventive interventions for children's mental health: what would work in Australian contexts?Jordana Bayer
Centre for Community Child Health, Royal Children s Hospital Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 43:695-710. 2009..Randomized trial methods in staged roll-outs can determine population cost-benefits for children's mental health without delaying dissemination...
- Early childhood aetiology of mental health problems: a longitudinal population-based studyJordana K Bayer
Centre for Community Child Health, The University of Melbourne, Australia
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 49:1166-74. 2008..We aimed to identify child, parenting, and family predictors from infancy in the development of externalising and internalising behaviour problems by age 3 years...
- Sleep problems in young infants and maternal mental and physical healthJordana K Bayer
Centre for Community Child Health, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 43:66-73. 2007....
- Improving infant sleep and maternal mental health: a cluster randomised trialHarriet Hiscock
Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Arch Dis Child 92:952-8. 2007..To determine whether a community-delivered intervention targeting infant sleep problems improves infant sleep and maternal well-being and to report the costs of this approach to the healthcare system...
- A cluster randomised controlled trial of a brief couple-focused psychoeducational intervention to prevent common postnatal mental disorders among women: study protocolHeather Rowe
Jean Hailes Research Unit, School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
BMJ Open 4:e006436. 2014..This paper describes the protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trial to test the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of WWWT when implemented in usual primary care...
- Preventing early infant sleep and crying problems and postnatal depression: a randomized trialHarriet Hiscock
Centre for Community Child Health, The Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Australia
Pediatrics 133:e346-54. 2014..To evaluate a prevention program for infant sleep and cry problems and postnatal depression...
- Long-term mother and child mental health effects of a population-based infant sleep intervention: cluster-randomized, controlled trialHarriet Hiscock
Royal Children s Hospital, Centre for Community Child Health, Flemington Road, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
Pediatrics 122:e621-7. 2008..We aimed to determine the long-term effects of a behavioral intervention for infant sleep problems on maternal depression and parenting style, as well as on child mental health and sleep, when the children reached 2 years of age...
- Universal parenting programme to prevent early childhood behavioural problems: cluster randomised trialHarriet Hiscock
Centre for Community Child Health, Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville VIC 3052, Australia
BMJ 336:318-21. 2008..To determine whether a parenting programme, offered universally in primary care, can prevent behavioural problems in children and improve parenting and maternal mental health...