Matthew D Linden
Affiliation: RMIT University
- High platelet reactivity and antiplatelet therapy resistanceMatthew D Linden
School of Medical Sciences and Health Innovations Research Institute, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
Semin Thromb Hemost 38:200-12. 2012....
- Platelets: pleiotropic roles in atherogenesis and atherothrombosisMatthew D Linden
School of Medical Sciences, RMIT University, Bundoora, Vic, Australia
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 42:1762-6. 2010..We focus on the growing body of evidence that platelets play a critical role in atherogenesis and contribute to progression of atherosclerosis...
- Inhibition of platelet-mediated arterial thrombosis and platelet granule exocytosis by 3',4'-dihydroxyflavonol and quercetinSapha Mosawy
Health Innovations Research Institute, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
Platelets 24:594-604. 2013..We provide evidence that Que and DiOHF improve blood flow following arterial injury in part by attenuating platelet granule exocytosis. ..
- The flavonols quercetin and 3',4'-dihydroxyflavonol reduce platelet function and delay thrombus formation in a model of type 1 diabetesSapha Mosawy
School of Medical Sciences, RMIT University, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Diab Vasc Dis Res 11:174-81. 2014..Our demonstration that flavonols delay thrombus formation in diabetes suggests a potential clinical role for these compounds in anti-platelet therapy. ..
- First report of elevated monocyte-platelet aggregates in healthy childrenChristina Yip
School of Medical Sciences, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University, Melbourne, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e67416. 2013..9±28.6 respectively, p = ns), surface P-selectin expression per platelet-bound monocyte was lower in children compared to adults. We therefore provide the first data of elevated monocyte-platelet aggregates in healthy children. ..