Matthew D Linden
Affiliation: RMIT University
- High platelet reactivity and antiplatelet therapy resistanceMatthew D Linden
School of Medical Sciences and Health Innovations Research Institute, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
Semin Thromb Hemost 38:200-12. 2012....
- Platelets: pleiotropic roles in atherogenesis and atherothrombosisMatthew D Linden
School of Medical Sciences, RMIT University, Bundoora, Vic, Australia
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 42:1762-6. 2010..We focus on the growing body of evidence that platelets play a critical role in atherogenesis and contribute to progression of atherosclerosis...
- Inhibition of platelet-mediated arterial thrombosis and platelet granule exocytosis by 3',4'-dihydroxyflavonol and quercetinSapha Mosawy
Health Innovations Research Institute, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
Platelets 24:594-604. 2013..We provide evidence that Que and DiOHF improve blood flow following arterial injury in part by attenuating platelet granule exocytosis. ..
- Platelets from children are hyper-responsive to activation by thrombin receptor activator peptide and adenosine diphosphate compared to platelets from adultsChristina Yip
Haematology Research, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Melbourne, Vic, Australia The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Vic, Australia
Br J Haematol 168:526-32. 2015..Our findings underscore the need for age-specific reference ranges for platelet function in children rather than extrapolation from adult data. ..
- The flavonols quercetin and 3',4'-dihydroxyflavonol reduce platelet function and delay thrombus formation in a model of type 1 diabetesSapha Mosawy
School of Medical Sciences, RMIT University, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Diab Vasc Dis Res 11:174-81. 2014..Our demonstration that flavonols delay thrombus formation in diabetes suggests a potential clinical role for these compounds in anti-platelet therapy. ..
- First report of elevated monocyte-platelet aggregates in healthy childrenChristina Yip
School of Medical Sciences, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University, Melbourne, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e67416. 2013..9±28.6 respectively, p = ns), surface P-selectin expression per platelet-bound monocyte was lower in children compared to adults. We therefore provide the first data of elevated monocyte-platelet aggregates in healthy children. ..