Anthony J Richardson
- Climate change and marine lifeAnthony J Richardson
Climate Adaptation Flagship, CSIRO Marine and Atmospheric Research, Ecosciences Precinct, GPO Box 2583, Brisbane, Queensland 4102, Australia
Biol Lett 8:907-9. 2012....
- Ocean science. Under-resourced, under threatAnthony J Richardson
Climate Adaptations Flagship Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation CSIRO Marine and Atmospheric Research, Post Office Box 120, Cleveland, Queensland 4163, Australia
Science 320:1294-5. 2008
- The jellyfish joyride: causes, consequences and management responses to a more gelatinous futureAnthony J Richardson
Climate Adaptation Flagship, CSIRO Marine and Atmospheric Research, Cleveland, Qld 4163, Australia
Trends Ecol Evol 24:312-22. 2009..Management actions needed to stop such changes require tactical coping strategies and longer-term preventative responses based on fundamental and targeted research on this understudied group...
- Ecosystem-based fisheries management requires a change to the selective fishing philosophyShijie Zhou
Wealth from Oceans Flagship, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization CSIRO Marine and Atmospheric Research, Cleveland, Queensland 4163, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:9485-9. 2010..Benefits to society could be maintained or even increased because a greater proportion of the entire suite of harvested species is used...
- Predicting interactions among fishing, ocean warming, and ocean acidification in a marine system with whole-ecosystem modelsGary P Griffith
Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies IMAS, University of Tasmania, Private Bag 129, Hobart, Tasmania, 7001, Australia
Conserv Biol 26:1145-52. 2012..With our approach, we were able to identify the regional effects of fishing on the size and direction of the interacting effects of ocean warming and ocean acidification...
- Impact of climate change on marine pelagic phenology and trophic mismatchMartin Edwards
Sir Alister Hardy Foundation for Ocean Science, The Laboratory, Citadel Hill, Plymouth PL1 2PB, UK
Nature 430:881-4. 2004....
- Climate impact on plankton ecosystems in the Northeast AtlanticAnthony J Richardson
Sir Alister Hardy Foundation for Ocean Science, The Laboratory, Citadel Hill, Plymouth, PL1 2PB, UK
Science 305:1609-12. 2004..Future warming is therefore likely to alter the spatial distribution of primary and secondary pelagic production, affecting ecosystem services and placing additional stress on already-depleted fish and mammal populations...
- Long-term oceanographic and ecological research in the Western English ChannelAlan J Southward
Marine Biological Association of the UK, Citadel Hill, Plymouth, PL1 2PB, UK
Adv Mar Biol 47:1-105. 2005..This is being achieved through employment of technologies such as satellite-derived information and advanced telemetry instruments that provide real-time in situ profile data from the water column...
- Global database is needed to support adaptation scienceElvira S Poloczanska
Nature 453:720. 2008