Anne T Reutens
- The GIANT study, a cluster-randomised controlled trial of efficacy of education of doctors about type 2 diabetes mellitus management guidelines in primary care practiceAnne T Reutens
Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Australia
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 98:38-45. 2012..Primary aim: does general practitioner (GP) education on type 2 diabetes treatment improve HbA1c? Secondary aim: cardiovascular risk factors, hypoglycaemia, treatment intensification, health service utilisation, treatment barriers...
- Epidemiology of diabetic kidney diseaseAnne T Reutens
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Alfred Centre, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia
Med Clin North Am 97:1-18. 2013..There is emerging evidence that changes in renal function occurring early in the course of diabetes predict future outcomes. The major challenges are to prevent DKD onset, to detect it early, and to improve DKD outcomes globally...
- Residual proteinuria and eGFR predict progression of renal impairment within 2 years in type 2 diabetic patients with nephropathy who are receiving optimal treatment with angiotensin receptor blockersSara E Ivory
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Nephrology (Carlton) 18:516-24. 2013....
- Epidemiology of diabetic nephropathyAnne T Reutens
School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, and Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Contrib Nephrol 170:1-7. 2011..This will produce significant social and economic ramifications, particularly in the developing world...
- Sulodexide fails to demonstrate renoprotection in overt type 2 diabetic nephropathyDavid K Packham
Melbourne Renal Research Group, 73 75 Pine Street, Reservoir, Melbourne, Victoria 3073, Australia
J Am Soc Nephrol 23:123-30. 2012..Side effect profiles were similar for both groups. In conclusion, these data do not suggest a renoprotective benefit of sulodexide in patients with type 2 diabetes, renal impairment, and macroalbuminuria...