R E Neale
Affiliation: Queensland Institute of Medical Research
- Human papillomavirus load in eyebrow hair follicles and risk of cutaneous squamous cell carcinomaRachel E Neale
Corresponding Author Rachel E Neale, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Locked Bag 2000, Royal Brisbane Hospital, QLD 4029, Australia
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 22:719-27. 2013..However betaPV is highly prevalent, and it may only be people with a higher viral load who have increased risk of SCCs. We therefore examined the association between betaPV load and SCCs...
- Recruitment and results of a pilot trial of vitamin D supplementation in the general population of AustraliaBich Tran
Population Health Division, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Queensland 4006, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:4473-80. 2012..The benefits of high serum levels of 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] are unclear. Trials are needed to establish an appropriate evidence base...
- Testicular cancer in twins: a meta-analysisR E Neale
Division of Population and Clinical Sciences, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Post Office Royal Brisbane Hospital, Queensland 4029, Australia
Br J Cancer 98:171-3. 2008..1-1.6), providing indirect support for the hypothesis that in utero hormone variations influence risk of testicular cancer. The summary-estimate for dizygotic twins was 1.3 (1.0-1.7) and for monozygotic or same sex twins 1.4 (1.2-1.8)...
- Does type 2 diabetes influence the risk of oesophageal adenocarcinoma?R E Neale
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Australia
Br J Cancer 100:795-8. 2009..Diabetes increased the risk of OAC (adjusted odds ratio 1.59, 95% confidence interval (CI) 1.04-2.43), although the risk was attenuated after further adjusting for body mass index (1.32, 95% CI 0.85-2.05)...
- Latitude variation in pancreatic cancer mortality in AustraliaRachel E Neale
Cancer and Population Studies, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia
Pancreas 38:387-90. 2009....
- Seasonal variation in measured solar ultraviolet radiation exposure of adults in subtropical AustraliaRachel E Neale
Cancer and Population Studies, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Photochem Photobiol 86:445-8. 2010..Our data show that in Queensland a substantial proportion of people's annual UVR dose is obtained in winter, underscoring the need for dissemination of sun protection messages throughout the year in subtropical and tropical climates...
- An analysis of clustering of betapapillomavirus antibodiesK A Mallitt
Cancer and Population Studies Group, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia
J Gen Virol 91:2062-7. 2010..The lack of clustering of specific viral types identified suggests that if there are betaPV types that are independently related to skin carcinogenesis, they are unlikely to be identified using standard epidemiological methods...
- The Association between cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma and betapapillomavirus seropositivity: a cohort studyElsemieke I Plasmeijer
Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 20:1171-7. 2011..We investigated the association between betaPV antibodies and subsequent SCC in a population-based cohort study...
- Site-specific occurrence of nonmelanoma skin cancers in patients with cutaneous melanomaR E Neale
Childhood Cancer Research Group, 57 Woodstock Rd, Oxford OX2 6HJ, UK
Br J Cancer 93:597-601. 2005..These findings provide support for the hypothesis that skin cancers at different anatomical sites may arise through different causal pathways...