Affiliation: Queensland University of Technology
- A qualitative study of stakeholder views of the conditions for and outcomes of successful clinical networksElizabeth McInnes
Nursing Research Institute, St Vincents and Mater Health Sydney and Australian Catholic University, National Centre for Clinical Outcomes Research, St Vincent s Public Hospital Darlinghurst, NSW, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 12:49. 2012..This qualitative study identified stakeholder views on i) the conditions for effective clinical networks; and ii) desirable outcomes of successful clinical networks...
- Making nursing work: breaking through the role confusion of advanced practice nursingGlenn Gardner
Clinical Nursing Queensland University of Technology and Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
J Adv Nurs 57:382-91. 2007..This paper reports a study to develop a research-informed model of the service parameters and an analysis framework for advanced practice nursing roles...
- Measuring the effect of patient comfort rounds on practice environment and patient satisfaction: a pilot studyGlenn Gardner
Centre for Clinical Nursing, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital and Queensland University of Technology, Queensland, Australia
Int J Nurs Pract 15:287-93. 2009..Consistent with the aim of a pilot study, this research has provided important information related to design, instruments and process that will inform a larger sufficiently powered study...
- Competency and capability: imperative for nurse practitioner educationGlenn Gardner
Queensland University of Technology, Kelvin Grove, Australia
Aust J Adv Nurs 24:8-14. 2006..The objective of this study was to conduct research to inform the development of standards for nurse practitioner education in Australia and New Zealand and to contribute to the international debate on nurse practitioner practice...
- Nurse Practitioner competency standards: findings from collaborative Australian and New Zealand researchGlenn Gardner
School of Nursing, Queensland University of Technology and Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Victoria Park Road, Kelvin Grove, Queensland 4059, Australia
Int J Nurs Stud 43:601-10. 2006..Despite this expansion of the role, there is scant national or international research to inform development of nurse practitioner competency standards...
- Creating a therapeutic environment: a non-randomised controlled trial of a quiet time intervention for patients in acute careGlenn Gardner
Centre for Clinical Nursing, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital and Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
Int J Nurs Stud 46:778-86. 2009..Scheduled quiet time interventions to promote inpatient rest and sleep have been successfully trialled in critical care but not in acute care settings...
- Innovation in clinical learning for the acute hospital environment: nursing grand roundsGlenn Gardner
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Queensland University of Technology, Victoria Park Rd, Kelvin Grove, QLD 4059, Australia
Nurse Educ Today 30:737-41. 2010..Statistical results were inconclusive but observational data indicated that nursing grand rounds was found to be feasible, well attended with tested processes for implementation in an acute care environment...
- The work of nurse practitionersGlenn Gardner
Centre for Clinical Nursing, Queensland University of Technology and Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
J Adv Nurs 66:2160-9. 2010..This paper is a report of a study of variations in the pattern of nurse practitioner work in a range of service fields and geographical locations, across direct patient care, indirect patient care and service-related activities...
- Telling accounts of wound infections: avoidance, anomaly and ambiguityGlenn Gardner
Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Queensland University of Technology, Herston, QLD 4029, Australia
Health (London) 8:183-97. 2004..This study demonstrates the clinical relevance of interpretive research and shows how this approach can produce knowledge to inform health service and patient care practices...
- Nurse practitioner education: a research-based curriculum structureGlenn Gardner
Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Centre for Clinical Nursing, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J Adv Nurs 47:143-52. 2004..The process and content of nurse practitioner educational preparation has received scant research attention, despite increasing interest in and investigations into nurse practitioner services in Australia and internationally...
- Surgeons' perspectives on surgical wound infection rate data in Queensland, AustraliaDeborough Macbeth
Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Am J Infect Control 33:97-103. 2005..A key component of these programs was the inclusion of a systematic method for monitoring nosocomial infection and reporting these infections to clinicians...
- Neonatal palliative care attitude scale: development of an instrument to measure the barriers to and facilitators of palliative care in neonatal nursingVictoria Kain
Queensland University of Technology, School of Nursing, Victoria Park Road, Kelvin Grove, Brisbane, Queensland 4059, Australia
Pediatrics 123:e207-13. 2009..This article reports the first phase of this research: to develop and administer an instrument to measure the attitudes of neonatal nurses to palliative care...
- A randomized controlled pilot study comparing aqueous cream with a beeswax and herbal oil cream in the provision of relief from postburn pruritusPeter A Lewis
Faculty of Health, Queensland University of Technology QUT, Brisbane, Australia
J Burn Care Res 33:e195-200. 2012..Given this, a larger study examining the efficacy of beeswax and herbal oil cream appears warranted...
- From competence to capability: a study of nurse practitioners in clinical practiceAnne Gardner
Cabrini Deakin Centre for Nursing Research, Deakin University, Burwood, Victoria, Australia
J Clin Nurs 17:250-8. 2008..This research aimed to understand the level and scope of practice of the nurse practitioner in Australia and New Zealand further using a capability framework...
- A trial of nurse practitioner scope of practiceAnne Gardner
Cabrini Deakin Centre for Nursing Research, Cabrini Health, Melbourne, Australia
J Adv Nurs 49:135-45. 2005....
- The capability of nurse practitioners may be diminished by controlling protocolsJenny Carryer
School of Health Sciences, Massey University, PO Box 11 22, Palmerston North 5301, New Zealand
Aust Health Rev 31:108-15. 2007..The distinction we wish to make in this paper is between guidelines aiming to support practice, and protocols which aim to control practice...
- The development of a nurse practitionerGlenn Gardner
Aust Crit Care 17:140. 2004
- The core role of the nurse practitioner: practice, professionalism and clinical leadershipJenny Carryer
Massey University and Mid Central District Health Board, New Zealand
J Clin Nurs 16:1818-25. 2007..To draw on empirical evidence to illustrate the core role of nurse practitioners in Australia and New Zealand...
- Managing intravenous medications in the non-hospital setting: an ethnographic investigationGlenn Gardner
Research Centre for Nursing Practice, University of Canberra, Canberra Hospital, PO Box 11, Woden ACT 2606, Australia
J Infus Nurs 26:227-33. 2003..These findings have important implications for policy development and establishment of a research agenda for hospital-in-the-home services...
- New perspectives on old debates: re-engineering the theory practice gapGlenn Gardner
Aust J Adv Nurs 24:7-8. 2006
- Publishing and getting publishedGlenn Gardner
Collegian 10:4-5. 2003
- Nursing and practice developmentGlenn Gardner
Collegian 10:4. 2003