Genomes and Genes
Enda M Byrne
Affiliation: Queensland Institute of Medical Research
- A genome-wide association study of caffeine-related sleep disturbance: confirmation of a role for a common variant in the adenosine receptorEnda M Byrne
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia
Sleep 35:967-75. 2012..To identify common genetic variants that predispose to caffeine-induced insomnia and to test whether genes whose expression changes in the presence of caffeine are enriched for association with caffeine-induced insomnia...
- The use of common mitochondrial variants to detect and characterise population structure in the Australian population: implications for genome-wide association studiesEnda M Byrne
Queensland Statistical Genetics Laboratory, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Eur J Hum Genet 16:1396-403. 2008..No evidence was found for structure within ancestral groups. These results have implications for future association studies in the Australian population, and other populations of heterogeneous ancestry...
- Association study of common mitochondrial variants and cognitive abilityEnda M Byrne
Queensland Statistical Genetics, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, 300 Herston Road, Brisbane, QLD, 4029, Australia
Behav Genet 39:504-12. 2009..These genes warrant further investigation in both functional and association studies with larger cohorts...
- Family-based mitochondrial association study of traits related to type 2 diabetes and the metabolic syndrome in adolescentsE M Byrne
Queensland Statistical Genetics, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, 300 Herston Road, Brisbane, QLD 4029, Australia
Diabetologia 52:2359-68. 2009....
- A genome-wide association study of sleep habits and insomniaEnda M Byrne
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 162:439-51. 2013..We did not replicate the results from previous genome-wide analyses of self-reported sleep phenotypes after correction for multiple testing...
- Power and SNP tagging in whole mitochondrial genome association studiesAllan F McRae
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane 4006, Australia
Genome Res 18:911-7. 2008..The strong concordance in allele frequencies and linkage disequilibrium between the European sequences and the Australian sample indicates that the results presented here are transferable across populations of European descent...
- Modeling the direction of causation between cross-sectional measures of disrupted sleep, anxiety and depression in a sample of male and female Australian twinsNathan A Gillespie
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
J Sleep Res 21:675-83. 2012..Results for males were equivocal. The nosological implications of our findings are discussed...
- Unraveling the genetic etiology of adult antisocial behavior: a genome-wide association studyJorim J Tielbeek
Genetic Epidemiology, Molecular Epidemiology, and Queensland Statistical Genetics Laboratories, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
PLoS ONE 7:e45086. 2012..Biosocial criminological research allows a more empirically grounded understanding of criminal behavior, which could ultimately inform and improve current treatment strategies...