Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Queensland Institute of Medical Research
- A genome-wide screen for modifiers of transgene variegation identifies genes with critical roles in developmentAlyson Ashe
Epigenetics Laboratory, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, 300 Herston Road, Herston, Queensland 4006, Australia
Genome Biol 9:R182. 2008..The identification of Dnmt1 and Smarca5 attest to the effectiveness of the screen design...
- A forward genetic screen identifies eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3, subunit H (eIF3h), as an enhancer of variegation in the mouseLucia Daxinger
Epigenetics Laboratory, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Herston, Brisbane, QLD 4006, Australia
G3 (Bethesda) 2:1393-6. 2012..Mice carrying mutations in this gene have not been reported previously, and a possible involvement of eIF3h in transcription or epigenetic regulation has not been considered...
- Mutations in mouse Ift144 model the craniofacial, limb and rib defects in skeletal ciliopathiesAlyson Ashe
Epigenetics Laboratory, Queensland Institute for Medical Research, Herston, Queensland 4006, Australia
Hum Mol Genet 21:1808-23. 2012..This allelic series of mouse mutants provides a unique opportunity to uncover the underlying mechanistic basis of this intriguing subset of ciliopathies...
- Reduced levels of two modifiers of epigenetic gene silencing, Dnmt3a and Trim28, cause increased phenotypic noiseNadia C Whitelaw
Genetics and Population Health, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, 300 Herston Road, Brisbane, Queensland 4006, Australia
Genome Biol 11:R111. 2010..Here we show that two modifiers of epigenetic gene silencing play a critical role in the process...
- No evidence for cumulative effects in a Dnmt3b hypomorph across multiple generationsNeil A Youngson
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Herston, Brisbane, QLD 4006, Australia
Mamm Genome 24:206-17. 2013..This suggests that in our model the abnormalities are reset each generation and the processes of transgenerational epigenetic reprogramming are effective in preventing their inheritance...