Affiliation: Queensland Institute of Medical Research
- Inhibition of chondroitin-4-sulfate-specific adhesion of Plasmodium falciparum-infected erythrocytes by sulfated polysaccharidesKatherine T Andrews
The Australian Centre for International and Tropical Health and Nutrition, Infectious Diseases and Immunology Division, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Herston, Australia
Infect Immun 73:4288-94. 2005..Therefore, the specific anti-adhesive capacity observed here seems to depend not only on the degree of charge and sulfation but also on a particular pattern of sulfation...
- Adherence of Plasmodium falciparum infected erythrocytes to CHO-745 cells and inhibition of binding by protein A in the presence of human serumK T Andrews
Clinical Tropical Medicine Laboratory, The Queensland Institute of Medical Research, P O Box Royal Brisbane Hospital, Infectious Diseases and Immunology Division, Herston, QLD 4029, Australia
Int J Parasitol 35:1127-34. 2005..Thus, protein A, which has been used as an inhibitor for a recently described interaction between infected erythrocytes and the placenta, may not be an appropriate in vitro inhibitor for understanding in vivo adhesive interactions...
- Potencies of human immunodeficiency virus protease inhibitors in vitro against Plasmodium falciparum and in vivo against murine malariaKatherine T Andrews
Queensland Institute of Medical Research and Australian Centre for International and Tropical Health and Nutrition, 300 Herston Road, Herston, Queensland 4029, Australia
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:639-48. 2006..The combined results suggest that ARPIs have useful antimalarial activity that may be especially relevant in geographical regions where HIV and P. falciparum infections are both endemic...
- Carrageenans inhibit the in vitro growth of Plasmodium falciparum and cytoadhesion to CD36Yvonne Adams
Hygiene Institut, Abteilung Parasitologie, Universitat Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 324, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Parasitol Res 97:290-4. 2005..falciparum lines and the adhesion of parasitized erythrocytes to the human glycoprotein CD36...
- Rational design of anticytoadherence inhibitors for Plasmodium falciparum based on the crystal structure of human intercellular adhesion molecule 1Matthias Dormeyer
4SC AG, Am Klopferspitz 19a, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:724-30. 2006....
- Inhibition of Plasmodium falciparum growth in vitro and adhesion to chondroitin-4-sulfate by the heparan sulfate mimetic PI-88 and other sulfated oligosaccharidesYvonne Adams
Hygiene Institut, Abteilung Parasigologie, Universitat Heidelberg, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:2850-2. 2006..4 microM) and demonstrated modest adhesion inhibition to cell surface CSA...
- Regioselectively modified sulfated cellulose as prospective drug for treatment of malaria tropicaReinhard Schwartz-Albiez
German Cancer Research Center, Tumor Immunology, D010, Im Neuenheimer Feld 580, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Glycoconj J 24:57-65. 2007..The significance of CS10 interactions with the complement system as well as its anti-malarial effect for prospective drug application are discussed...
- Effect of cytokine treatment on the in vitro expression of the P. falciparum adhesion receptor chondroitin-4-sulphate on the surface of human choriocarcinoma (BeWo) cellsYvonne Adams
Hygiene Institut, Abteilung Parasitologie, Universitat Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 324, Heidelberg, 69120, Germany
Parasitol Res 101:479-83. 2007..These data demonstrate that in vitro cultured BeWo cells mimic the P. falciparum adhesion receptor expression profile of ex vivo placental cytotrophoblast cells...