Affiliation: Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Limited copy number-high resolution melting (LCN-HRM) enables the detection and identification by sequencing of low level mutations in cancer biopsiesHongdo Do
Department of Pathology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, 3010, Australia
Mol Cancer 8:82. 2009..The dilutions used (based on Ct values) are chosen such that mutations, if present, can be detected by the direct sequencing of amplicons with aberrant melting patterns...
- Dramatic reduction of sequence artefacts from DNA isolated from formalin-fixed cancer biopsies by treatment with uracil- DNA glycosylaseHongdo Do
Molecular Pathology Research and Development Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Oncotarget 3:546-58. 2012....
- HER3 and downstream pathways are involved in colonization of brain metastases from breast cancerLeonard Da Silva
Molecular and Cellular Pathology, The University of Queensland Centre for Clinical Research, and School of Medicine, Building 918 B71, RBWH complex, Brisbane, 4029, Australia
Breast Cancer Res 12:R46. 2010..Metastases to the brain from breast cancer have a high mortality, and basal-like breast cancers have a propensity for brain metastases. However, the mechanisms that allow cells to colonize the brain are unclear...
- High resolution melting analysis for rapid and sensitive EGFR and KRAS mutation detection in formalin fixed paraffin embedded biopsiesHongdo Do
Molecular Pathology Research and Development Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Locked Bag 1, A Beckett St, Melbourne, Victoria 8006, Australia
BMC Cancer 8:142. 2008..However, up to now it has not been fully validated for clinical samples when formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) sections are the only material available for analysis as is often the case...
- Detection of the transforming AKT1 mutation E17K in non-small cell lung cancer by high resolution meltingHongdo Do
Department of Pathology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Locked Bag 1, A Beckett St, Melbourne, Victoria, 8006, Australia
BMC Res Notes 1:14. 2008..HRM represents a rapid cost-effective and robust screening of low frequency mutations such as AKT1 mutations in clinical samples...
- Integrated mutation, copy number and expression profiling in resectable non-small cell lung cancerGenni M Newnham
Department of Oncology, St Vincent s Hospital, Victoria Pde, Melbourne, 3065, Australia
BMC Cancer 11:93. 2011....
- Reducing sequence artifacts in amplicon-based massively parallel sequencing of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded DNA by enzymatic depletion of uracil-containing templatesHongdo Do
Molecular Pathology Research and Development Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Clin Chem 59:1376-83. 2013..We investigated whether sequence artifacts were problematic in amplicon-based massively parallel sequencing and what effect UDG pretreatment had on reducing these artifacts...
- DNA methylation biomarkers in cancer: progress towards clinical implementationThomas Mikeska
Molecular Pathology Research and Development Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Locked Bag 1, A Beckett Street, Melbourne, Victoria 8006, Australia
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 12:473-87. 2012..Finally, we summarize the current state of clinical implementation for some of the most widely studied and well-validated DNA methylation biomarkers, including SEPT9, VIM, SHOX2, PITX2 and MGMT...