Craig S Patch
- Plant sterols as dietary adjuvants in the reduction of cardiovascular risk: theory and evidenceCraig S Patch
National Centre of Excellence in Functional Foods, Northfields Avenue, University of Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
Vasc Health Risk Manag 2:157-62. 2006..Plant sterol-enriched foods provides clinicians with a relatively cheap, safe, and effective way to help patients manage their cardiovascular risk...
- The use of novel foods enriched with long-chain n-3 fatty acids to increase dietary intake: a comparison of methodologies assessing nutrient intakeCraig S Patch
National Centre of Excellence in Functional Foods, University of Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
J Am Diet Assoc 105:1918-26. 2005..To evaluate the effect of consuming a variety of foods enriched in long-chain n-3 fatty acids in low fish eaters...
- Structured dietary advice incorporating walnuts achieves optimal fat and energy balance in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusLynda J Gillen
Smart Foods Centre, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia
J Am Diet Assoc 105:1087-96. 2005..This study examined whether advice that refers to a total dietary pattern inclusive of walnuts would result in low-fat energy-controlled diets with optimal dietary fat proportions for patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Plant sterol/stanol prescription is an effective treatment strategy for managing hypercholesterolemia in outpatient clinical practiceCraig S Patch
Smart Foods Centre, University of Wollongong, NSW 2522, Australia
J Am Diet Assoc 105:46-52. 2005..To determine the effectiveness of prescribing 2 g plant sterols/stanols per day as an addition to standard practice in a dietary outpatient clinic...
- Health benefits of herbs and spices: the past, the present, the futureLinda C Tapsell
National Centre of Excellence in Functional Foods, University of Wollongong, NSW
Med J Aust 185:S4-24. 2006..Vegetable dishes and vegetarian options may be more appetising when prepared with herbs and spices...
- Attitudes and intentions toward purchasing novel foods enriched with omega-3 fatty acidsCraig S Patch
Smart Foods Centre, University of Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
J Nutr Educ Behav 37:235-41. 2005..To identify the nature, strength, and relative importance of influences on intentions to consume foods that are enriched with omega-3 fatty acids using the Theory of Planned Behavior (TPB)...
- Including walnuts in a low-fat/modified-fat diet improves HDL cholesterol-to-total cholesterol ratios in patients with type 2 diabetesLinda C Tapsell
National Centre of Excellence in Functional Foods, Northfields Avenue, University of Wollongong, NSW 2522, Australia
Diabetes Care 27:2777-83. 2004..The aim of this study was to examine the effect of a moderate-fat diet inclusive of walnuts on blood lipid profiles in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Overweight consumers' salient beliefs on omega-3-enriched functional foods in Australia's Illawarra regionCraig S Patch
Smart Foods Centre, University of Wollongong, Wollongong, New South Wales 2522, Australia
J Nutr Educ Behav 37:83-9. 2005..To determine consumer salient beliefs toward functional foods enriched with omega-3 fatty acids...
- A new look at intersectoral partnerships supporting a healthy diet and active lifestyle: the Centre of Excellence in Functional Foods, Australia, combining industry, science and practiceLinda C Tapsell
Smart Foods Centre, University of Wollongong, Wollongong, Australia
World Rev Nutr Diet 95:151-61. 2005
- Impact of foods enriched with n-3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids on erythrocyte n-3 levels and cardiovascular risk factorsKaren J Murphy
Nutritional Physiology Research Centre, Division of Health Sciences, University of South Australia and School of Molecular and Biomedical Science, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA
Br J Nutr 97:749-57. 2007..Sustainable increases in dietary intakes and erythrocyte levels of n-3 long-chain PUFA can be achieved through regular consumption of suitably enriched processed foods. Such increases may be associated with reduced CV risk...