Gabrielle J Williams
Affiliation: New South Wales
- Preventing urinary tract infections in early childhoodGabrielle J Williams
School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Centre for Kidney Research, Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, Australia
Adv Exp Med Biol 764:211-8. 2013..There is little evidence of benefit of re-implantation alone, and the benefit of this procedure over antibiotics alone is very small. Cranberry concentrate is probably effective...
- Accuracy of the "traffic light" clinical decision rule for serious bacterial infections in young children with fever: a retrospective cohort studySukanya De
Screening and Test Evaluation Program, School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney 2006, Australia
BMJ 346:f866. 2013....
- Absolute and relative accuracy of rapid urine tests for urinary tract infection in children: a meta-analysisGabrielle J Williams
Centre for Kidney Research, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, Australia
Lancet Infect Dis 10:240-50. 2010..Rapid tests are negative in around 10% of children with a urinary tract infection and cannot replace urine culture. If resources allow, microscopy with Gram stain should be the single rapid test used...
- Paediatrician's responses to an evidence summary about renal tract imaging tests in children after urinary tract infectionGabrielle J Williams
Centre for Kidney Research, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Locked Bag 4001, Westmead, NSW 2145, Australia
Arch Dis Child 95:271-5. 2010..Renal tract imaging after urinary tract infection (UTI) has been widely recommended but clinical practice varies substantially among paediatricians...
- Antibiotic prophylaxis and recurrent urinary tract infection in childrenJonathan C Craig
Screening and Test Evaluation Program and the School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
N Engl J Med 361:1748-59. 2009..This study from four Australian centers examined whether low-dose, continuous oral antibiotic therapy prevents urinary tract infection in predisposed children...
- What nephrologists need to know about diagnostic test accuracy articlesGabrielle J Williams
Centre for Kidney Research, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, New South Wales, Australia
Nephrology (Carlton) 15:540-3. 2010..The current paper provides a framework for determining bias, clinical applicability and erroneous findings within a paper, allowing greater efficiency in selecting studies and deciding on the value of the information reported in them...
- The accuracy of clinical symptoms and signs for the diagnosis of serious bacterial infection in young febrile children: prospective cohort study of 15 781 febrile illnessesJonathan C Craig
Screening and Test Evaluation Program, School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
BMJ 340:c1594. 2010..Design Two year prospective cohort study. Setting The emergency department of The Children's Hospital at Westmead, Westmead, Australia...