B K Wainstein
Affiliation: New South Wales
- Use of the Internet by parents of paediatric patientsBrynn K Wainstein
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Sydney Children s Hospital, Sydney, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 42:528-32. 2006....
- Combining skin prick, immediate skin application and specific-IgE testing in the diagnosis of peanut allergy in childrenBrynn Kevin Wainstein
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 18:231-9. 2007..Previously described diagnostic cut-off levels do not have general applicability. Allergy practitioners may need to interpret results of allergy tests in the context of their own practices...
- Frequency and significance of immediate contact reactions to peanut in peanut-sensitive childrenB K Wainstein
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Sydney Children s Hospital, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Clin Exp Allergy 37:839-45. 2007..Parents of atopic children frequently report, and are alarmed by, contact reactions to foods. Some schools restrict foods due to concerns regarding possible systemic reactions following contact in allergic children...
- Prediction of anaphylaxis during peanut food challenge: usefulness of the peanut skin prick test (SPT) and specific IgE levelBrynn Kevin Wainstein
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Sydney Children s Hospital, High Street, Randwick, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 21:603-11. 2010..02 to 11.7 g. Provided that a fixed amount of peanut is ingested, available tests for peanut allergy may assist in predicting the risk of anaphylaxis during challenge in peanut-sensitized children...
- Insulin allergy desensitization with simultaneous intravenous insulin and continuous subcutaneous insulin infusionKristen A Neville
Department of Endocrinology, Sydney Children s Hospital, New South Wales, Australia
Pediatr Diabetes 9:420-2. 2008..After failed rapid desensitization to insulin delivered by either subcutaneous injection or CSII, the concurrent use of IV insulin allowed desensitization to CSII over 5-6 d...