Srinivasan N Tirupati
Affiliation: New South Wales
- Genetic variation in South Indian castes: evidence from Y-chromosome, mitochondrial, and autosomal polymorphismsW S Watkins
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
BMC Genet 9:86. 2008..An understanding of these influences is increasingly important as gene mapping and case-control studies are initiated in South Indian populations...
- Psychopathology in never-treated schizophreniaSrinivasan N Tirupati
Faculty of Health, The University of Newcastle and Psychiatric Rehabilitation Service, Hunter New England Area Health Service, NSW 2300, Australia
Compr Psychiatry 47:1-6. 2006..The differences can be said to demarcate the natural features of the illness from medication effects on the relationship of symptoms with one another and to sex, age, duration of illness, and age at onset...
- Insight and psychopathology in never-treated schizophreniaSrinivasan Tirupati
Hunter Mental Health, James Fletcher Hospital, The University of Newcastle, NSW 2300, Australia
Compr Psychiatry 48:264-8. 2007..A subgroup of patients with a treatment-resistant trait of negative symptoms associated with poor insight was hypothesized...
- Obesity and metabolic syndrome in a psychiatric rehabilitation serviceSrinivasan Tirupati
Hunter New England Area Health Services, James Fletcher Hospital, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 41:606-10. 2007..This study aimed to study the prevalence of obesity and metabolic syndrome in people with chronic psychotic disorders in a psychiatric rehabilitation setting...
- Body mass index as a screening test for metabolic syndrome in schizophrenia and schizoaffective disordersSrinivasan Tirupati
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Service, Hunter New England Area Health Service, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 15:470-3. 2007..The aim of this paper was to identify a simple screening measure for detecting metabolic syndrome (MetS) in people with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorders...
- Urban-rural differences in psychiatric rehabilitation outcomesSrinivasan Tirupati
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Service, Hunter New England Area Health Service, Hamilton, New South Wales, Australia
Aust J Rural Health 18:66-71. 2010..Employing rural and urban patient populations, the aim of the study was to examine the differences in rehabilitation intervention outcomes, particularly in regard to the social and clinical determinants...
- A working reality: evaluating enhanced intersectoral links in supported employment for people with psychiatric disabilitiesJoanne Sherring
Vocational Education, Training and Employment Service, Hunter New England Area Health, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Aust Occup Ther J 57:261-7. 2010..However, this may not always be achievable. The aim of this study was to investigate the effectiveness of the enhanced intersectoral links approach to SE...
- Measuring observed mental state in acute psychiatric inpatientsKetrina A Sly
Centre for Brain and Mental Health Research, Hunter New England Mental Health, University of Newcastle, P O Box 833, Newcastle, NSW, 2300, Australia
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 44:151-61. 2009..Relationships within acute psychiatric units between patient-level experiences and events and fluctuations in mental state have rarely been examined...
- Adverse incidents in acute psychiatric inpatient units: rates, correlates and pressuresVaughan J Carr
Centre for Brain and Mental Health Research, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 42:267-82. 2008....