David J Templeton
Affiliation: New South Wales
- Using population attributable risk to choose HIV prevention strategies in men who have sex with menRebecca J Guy
Kirby Institute formerly the National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, Sydney, NSW, Australia
BMC Public Health 11:247. 2011..We undertook an analysis of the potential population impact and cost saving that would likely result from modifying key HIV risk factors among men who have sex with men (MSM) in Sydney, Australia...
- Current issues in the use of colposcopy for examination of sexual assault victimsDavid J Templeton
Sexual Health Service, Greater Western Area Health Service, 203 Brisbane St, Dubbo, NSW 2830, Australia
Sex Health 3:5-10. 2006..non-consensual sexual intercourse. Further research is urgently needed before the use of colposcopy can be routinely recommended for adult victims...
- The uptake of HIV post-exposure prophylaxis within a sexual assault setting in Sydney, AustraliaDavid J Templeton
Eastern and Central Sexual Assault Service, Sydney, Australia correction
Int J STD AIDS 16:108-11. 2005..In this study, HIV PEP, when prescribed, was in accord with existing guidelines. Future studies should aim to better document HIV seroconversions in victims of sexual assault and HIV seroprevalence in assailants...
- Sexually transmitted infection and blood-borne virus screening in juvenile correctional facilities: a review of the literature and recommendations for Australian centresDavid J Templeton
Macquarie Area Health Service, 203 Brisbane Street, Dubbo, NSW 2830, Australia
J Clin Forensic Med 13:30-6. 2006..Juveniles in custody are disproportionately affected by sexually transmitted infections (STI) and blood-borne viruses (BBV) due to high rates of risk behaviours...
- Aboriginal health worker screening for sexually transmissible infections and blood-borne viruses in a rural Australian juvenile correctional facilityDavid J Templeton
Dubbo Sexual Health Clinic, Greater Western Area Health Service, Dubbo, NSW, Australia
Sex Health 7:44-8. 2010..We assessed the prevalence of sexually transmissible infections (STIs) and blood-borne viruses (BBVs) identified by an Aboriginal Health Worker (AHW)-led screening program delivered to male detainees of a rural juvenile detention centre...
- HIV result giving. Is it time to change our thinking?Loretta M Healey
Royal Prince Alfred Sexual Health Clinic, Ground Floor, Page Building, RPA Hospital, Camperdown, NSW, Australia
Sex Health 7:8-10. 2010..We assessed the number of patients who returned for HIV test results to Royal Prince Alfred Sexual Health Clinic in Sydney, Australia, and predictors of return...
- Sexual assault of a postmenopausal womanDavid J Templeton
Sexual Health Services, Macquarie Area Health Service, 203 Brisbane Street, Dubbo, NSW 2830, Australia
J Clin Forensic Med 12:98-100. 2005..A case of a postmenopausal victim is described and discussed which illustrates some issues peculiar to older female victims...
- High rates of sexually transmitted infections in HIV positive homosexual men: data from two community based cohortsFengyi Jin
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, Level 2, Darlinghurst, NSW, Australia
Sex Transm Infect 83:397-9. 2007..We compared rates of common STIs between HIV positive and HIV negative homosexual men from two ongoing community based cohort studies in Sydney, Australia...
- Management of acute adult sexual assaultJacqueline K Mein
Princess Alexandra Sexual Health, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Ipswich Road, Woolloongabba, Queensland 4102, Australia
Med J Aust 178:226-30. 2003..Counselling is important for all victims of sexual assault, as psychosocial consequences are more common than physical injuries. Management by a sympathetic, non-judgmental health practitioner helps the victim to regain control...
- Risk factors for genital and anal warts in a prospective cohort of HIV-negative homosexual men: the HIM studyFengyi Jin
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, University of New South Wales, Darlinghurst, New South Wales, Australia
Sex Transm Dis 34:488-93. 2007..The objective of this study was to determine the prevalence, incidence, and risk factors for genital and anal warts in HIV-negative homosexual men in Sydney...
- Transmission of herpes simplex virus types 1 and 2 in a prospective cohort of HIV-negative gay men: the health in men studyFengyi Jin
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Australia
J Infect Dis 194:561-70. 2006..Despite increasing reports of herpes simplex virus (HSV) type 1 (HSV-1)-associated anogenital herpes, there are very limited data comparing the seroepidemiological profile of and risk factors for HSV-1 and HSV type 2 (HSV-2) infection...
- Demographic predictors of circumcision status in a community-based sample of homosexual men in Sydney, AustraliaDavid J Templeton
Sex Health 3:191-3. 2006..Confounding by these demographic factors must be considered in future epidemiological studies addressing circumcision and HIV acquisition...