K S Steinbeck
Affiliation: New South Wales
- The importance of physical activity in the prevention of overweight and obesity in childhood: a review and an opinionK S Steinbeck
Metabolism and Obesity Services, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Missenden Road, Camperdown, Sydney, NSW 2050, Australia
Obes Rev 2:117-30. 2001..On balance, increasing physical activity in children is an attractive and non-restrictive approach to obesity prevention. To adopt this approach requires the support and involvement of many community sectors other than health...
- Low-density lipoprotein subclasses in children under 10 years of ageK S Steinbeck
Metabolism and Obesity Services, Department of Endocrinology, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 37:550-3. 2001....
- Higher protein diet for weight management in young overweight women: a 12-month randomized controlled trialH J Griffin
Discipline of Exercise and Sport Science, Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Diabetes Obes Metab 15:572-5. 2013..5 kg/m2) for weight (kg; percent weight loss), body composition, metabolic and iron changes assessed at baseline, 6 and 12 months...
- Tissue [1-14C] 2-deoxyglucose metabolism in the gold thioglucose obese mouse: effects of 'dieting'K S Steinbeck
Department of Endocrinology, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 18:167-72. 1994..Reduced-weight obese animals are energy-efficient in that they gain excess weight on the control intake...
- Self-efficacy in relation to eating behaviour among obese and non-obese womenR M Richman
Metabolism and Obesity Services, Department of Endocrinology and University of Sydney, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, 2050 New South Wales, Australia
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:907-13. 2001....
- Food, activity and family--environmental vs biochemical predictors of weight gain in childrenN Bogaert
Department of Endocrinology, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, NSW, Australia
Eur J Clin Nutr 57:1242-9. 2003..To identify whether measures of energy intake and expenditure predict excessive weight gain over time in children and to describe how these measures relate to similar measures in parents...
- A proposed protocol for the development of a register of trials of weight management of childhood overweight and obesityK S Steinbeck
Endocrinology and Adolescent Medicine and Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, NSW, Australia
Int J Obes (Lond) 30:2-5. 2006..Currently, there is no international co-ordinated approach to research into childhood obesity. This is despite much research activity in this area and the universality of the condition...
- Paediatric obesity: what do we know and are we doing the right thing?A Pietrobelli
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28:2-3. 2004