Kristen A Neville
Affiliation: New South Wales
- Hyperinsulinemia, impaired glucose tolerance, and diabetes mellitus in survivors of childhood cancer: prevalence and risk factorsKristen A Neville
Department of Endocrinology, Sydney Children s Hospital, High Street Randwick, New South Wales 2031, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4401-7. 2006....
- Insulin allergy desensitization with simultaneous intravenous insulin and continuous subcutaneous insulin infusionKristen A Neville
Department of Endocrinology, Sydney Children s Hospital, New South Wales, Australia
Pediatr Diabetes 9:420-2. 2008..After failed rapid desensitization to insulin delivered by either subcutaneous injection or CSII, the concurrent use of IV insulin allowed desensitization to CSII over 5-6 d...
- Isotonic is better than hypotonic saline for intravenous rehydration of children with gastroenteritis: a prospective randomised studyK A Neville
Department of Endocrinology, Sydney Children s Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Arch Dis Child 91:226-32. 2006..To determine whether the risk of hyponatraemia in children with gastroenteritis receiving intravenous (IV) fluids is decreased by the use of 0.9% saline...
- Prevention of hyponatremia during maintenance intravenous fluid administration: a prospective randomized study of fluid type versus fluid rateKristen A Neville
Department of Endocrinology, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, Australia School of Women s and Children s Health, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
J Pediatr 156:313-9.e1-2. 2010..To determine the importance of sodium content versus administration rate of intravenous fluids in the development of hyponatremia in postoperative children...
- Once daily insulin detemir in cystic fibrosis with insulin deficiencyShihab Hameed
Department of Endocrinology, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia
Arch Dis Child 97:464-7. 2012..18±0.29 SDS, p=0.0001; +3.7±10.6%, p=0.007; +5.2±12.7%, p=0.013) and in patients with early insulin deficiency (+0.22±0.31 SDS, p=0.003; +5.3±11.5%, p=0.004; +5.8±13.4%, p=0.024). Randomised controlled trials are now needed...
- High antidiuretic hormone levels and hyponatremia in children with gastroenteritisKristen A Neville
Department of Endocrinology, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, Sydney, Australia
Pediatrics 116:1401-7. 2005..We looked for evidence of this before and during intravenous (IV) fluid administration in children treated for gastroenteritis...
- Home blood sodium monitoring, sliding-scale fluid prescription and subcutaneous DDAVP for infantile diabetes insipidus with impaired thirst mechanismShihab Hameed
Endocrinology, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, Australia
Int J Pediatr Endocrinol 2012:18. 2012..abstract:..
- Persistently autoantibody negative (PAN) type 1 diabetes mellitus in childrenShihab Hameed
Endocrinology, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, NSW, Australia
Pediatr Diabetes 12:142-9. 2011..Autoantibody-negative children diagnosed with type 1 diabetes might have unrecognized monogenic or type 2 diabetes...
- Transient reduction in the posterior pituitary bright signal preceding water intoxication in a malnourished childKristen A Neville
Department of Endocrinology, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, Australia
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 17:1245-9. 2004..The association of osmotically unregulated ADH secretion with undernutrition and stress suggests that particuar caution should be used when fluid intake in such children is not driven by thirst...
- Intravenous rehydration of children with gastroenteritis: which solution is better? Authors' responseKristen A Neville
Arch Dis Child 92:278. 2007