Robert G Moses
Affiliation: New South Wales
- Achieving glycosylated hemoglobin targets using the combination of repaglinide and metformin in type 2 diabetes: a reanalysis of earlier data in terms of current targetsRobert G Moses
Illawarra Diabetes Service, South East Sydney and Illawarra Area Health Service, Wollongong West, Australia
Clin Ther 30:552-4. 2008..5%...
- Can a low-glycemic index diet reduce the need for insulin in gestational diabetes mellitus? A randomized trialRobert G Moses
Illawarra Diabetes Service, South Eastern Sydney and Illawarra Area Health Service, Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
Diabetes Care 32:996-1000. 2009..The purpose of this study was to determine whether prescribing a low-glycemic index diet for women with GDM could reduce the number of women requiring insulin without compromise of pregnancy outcomes...
- Safety and efficacy of inhaled insulin (AERx iDMS) compared with subcutaneous insulin therapy in patients with Type 1 diabetes: 1-year data from a randomized, parallel group trialR G Moses
University of Wollongong, Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Diabet Med 26:260-7. 2009..Assessment of the long-term safety and efficacy of liquid inhaled insulin via AERx insulin Diabetes Management System (iDMS) in a basal/bolus treatment regimen of adults with Type 1 diabetes...
- The impact of potential new diagnostic criteria on the prevalence of gestational diabetes mellitus in AustraliaRobert G Moses
Wollongong Hospital, Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 194:338-40. 2011..The aim of this study was to compare the prevalence of GDM when IADPSG criteria were used with the prevalence when the current Australasian Diabetes in Pregnancy Society (ADIPS) criteria were used...
- Effect of a low-glycemic-index diet during pregnancy on obstetric outcomesRobert G Moses
Illawarra Area Health Service and Wollongong Hospital, Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Am J Clin Nutr 84:807-12. 2006..Pregnancy is a condition in which the glycemic index (GI) may be of particular relevance because maternal glucose is the main energy substrate for intrauterine growth...
- Pregnancy and Glycemic Index Outcomes study: effects of low glycemic index compared with conventional dietary advice on selected pregnancy outcomesRobert G Moses
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District Wollongong, Wollongong, Australia RGM, SAC, EGQ, JMC, and MM the School of Health Sciences, University of Wollongong, Wollongong, Australia LCT the Department of Statistics, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia PP and the Boden Institute of Obesity, Nutrition, Exercise and Eating Disorders and School of Molecular Bioscience, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia JCB M
Am J Clin Nutr 99:517-23. 2014..A diet with a low glycemic index (LGI) has been shown to reduce birth percentiles and the ponderal index (PI)...
- Twin pregnancy outcomes for women with gestational diabetes mellitus compared with glucose tolerant womenRobert G Moses
Diabetes Services, Illawarra Area Health Service IAHS, Wollongong New South Wales, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 43:38-40. 2003..To examine pregnancy outcomes for women with gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) and a twin pregnancy compared with glucose tolerant women with a twin pregnancy...
- Carbohydrates, glycemic index, and pregnancy outcomes in gestational diabetesJimmy Chun Yu Louie
School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Health and Behavioral Sciences, The University of Wollongong, Wollongong, NSW, 2522, Australia
Curr Diab Rep 13:6-11. 2013..Further studies that intervene at an earlier stage of pregnancy are required...
- Does a low glycaemic index (GI) diet cost more during pregnancy?Jane Cleary
Department of Nutrition, Wollongong Hospital, Wollongong, NSW 2500, Australia
Nutrients 4:1759-66. 2012..52). There were also no significant differences in the daily energy intake (p = 0.2) or the daily cost per MJ (p = 0.16). Women were able to follow low GI dietary advice during pregnancy with no significant increase in the daily costs...
- Insulin therapy in pregnancyAidan McElduff
Discipline of Medicine, Sydney University, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 41:161-73. 2012..There is no evidence base to support one treatment regimen over another. Therapy should be individualized and based on local expertise...
- Gestational diabetes mellitus: compliance with testingRobert G Moses
Diabetes Service, Illawarra Area Health Service, Wollongong West, New South Wales, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 43:469-70. 2003..Overall 92.1% of women were tested for GDM. When those women who delivered their babies early or who had no prenatal care were excluded, then there was 95.3% compliance with the advice for universal testing...
- Gestational diabetes: Is there a relationship between leg length and glucose tolerance?Robert G Moses
Diabetes Service, Illawarra Area Health Service, Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
Diabetes Care 27:1033-5. 2004..To assess the relationship between leg length and glucose tolerance in pregnancy...
- Gestational diabetes mellitus: is a diagnosis associated with an increase in maternal anxiety and stress in the short and intermediate term?Suzie Daniells
Diabetes Service, Illawarra Area Health Service, Wollongong, Australia
Diabetes Care 26:385-9. 2003..To examine anxiety levels of women diagnosed with gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) and to compare these with glucose-tolerant (GT) women at similar stages of pregnancy...
- Mealtime 50/50 basal + prandial insulin analogue mixture with a basal insulin analogue, both plus metformin, in the achievement of target HbA1c and pre- and postprandial blood glucose levels in patients with type 2 diabetes: a multinational, 24-week, randDavid C Robbins
Diabetes and Endocrine Platform Team, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Clin Ther 29:2349-64. 2007..Using lispro mix (LM) 50/50 before meals may be a logical approach to achieving glycemic targets (glycosylated hemoglobin [HbA(lc)] and pre- and postprandial blood glucose [BG] concentrations) in these patients...
- Maternal diet and infant size 2 y after the completion of a study of a low-glycemic-index diet in pregnancyRobert G Moses
Am J Clin Nutr 86:1806. 2007
- Insulin glulisine provides improved glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetesGeorge Dailey
Scripps Clinic, 10666 North Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Diabetes Care 27:2363-8. 2004..Insulin glulisine is a novel analog of human insulin designed for use as a rapid-acting insulin. This study compared the safety and efficacy of glulisine with regular human insulin (RHI) in combination with NPH insulin...
- Pregestational diabetes and pregnancy: an Australian experienceAidan McElduff
Diabetes Care 28:1260-1. 2005
- Gestational diabetes mellitus and maternal anxietySuzie Daniells
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 43:256. 2003
- Gestational diabetes mellitus: accuracy of Midwives Data CollectionRobert G Moses
Med J Aust 179:218-9; discussion 219. 2003
- Gestational diabetes: what is the relevance of the glucose challenge test?Robert G Moses
Med J Aust 176:354. 2002