Michael H Levy
Affiliation: New South Wales
- Prisons, hepatitis C and harm minimisationMichael H Levy
School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 186:647-9. 2007....
- Health-state utilities in a prisoner population: a cross-sectional surveyChristopher A K Y Chong
Section of General Internal Medicine, Lakeridge Health Oshawa, Canada
Health Qual Life Outcomes 7:78. 2009..Health-state utilities for prisoners have not been described...
- Suicide risk among recently released prisoners in New South Wales, AustraliaAzar Kariminia
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 187:387-90. 2007..To determine the risk of suicide and drug overdose death among recently released prisoners...
- Clearance of hepatitis C viremia associated with cellular immunity in the absence of seroconversion in the hepatitis C incidence and transmission in prisons study cohortJeffrey J Post
Department of Pathology, School of Medical Sciences, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Infect Dis 189:1846-55. 2004..These cases highlight the potential for cellular immune responses against HCV to facilitate viral clearance, responses that may model those required for effective HCV vaccination...
- The effect of hepatitis C virus infection on health-related quality of life in prisonersHla Hla Thein
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clincal Research, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Urban Health 83:275-88. 2006..Non-HCV factors may override HCV-specific HRQOL impairment in this population. Targeted management strategies are required to improve HRQOL of prisoners...
- Prevalence of Mantoux positivity and annual risk of infection for tuberculosis in New South Wales prisoners, 1996 and 2001Michael H Levy
Centre for Health Research in Criminal Justice, Justice Health, University of Sydney, Australia
N S W Public Health Bull 18:119-24. 2007..This study compares the prevalence of Mantoux positivity among prisoners in NSW in 1996 and 2001 and examines factors associated with Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection...
- Factors associated with mortality in a cohort of Australian prisonersAzar Kariminia
Centre for Health Research in Criminal Justice, Justice Health, 302 152 Bunnerong Road, Eastgardens, Sydney, NSW, 2035, Australia
Eur J Epidemiol 22:417-28. 2007..Prison health services need to develop interventions targeting high-risk groups to avoid this situation...
- Establishment of a successful assessment and treatment service for Australian prison inmates with chronic hepatitis CLeng Boonwaat
Blood Borne Viruses and Sexual Assault Services, Population Health, Justice Health, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 192:496-500. 2010..To evaluate the assessment and treatment outcomes of a prison hepatitis service...
- Hepatitis C transmission and HIV post-exposure prophylaxis after needle- and syringe-sharing in Australian prisonsBelinda G O'Sullivan
New South Wales Department of Health, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 178:546-9. 2003....