Bruce R King
Affiliation: New South Wales
- A diabetes awareness campaign prevents diabetic ketoacidosis in children at their initial presentation with type 1 diabetesBruce R King
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, John Hunter Children s Hospital, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Pediatr Diabetes 13:647-51. 2012..To evaluate the effect of a diabetes awareness campaign on the incidence of diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) at the first presentation of type 1 diabetes in children (0-18 yr)...
- Changes in altitude cause unintended insulin delivery from insulin pumps: mechanisms and implicationsBruce R King
University of Newcastle, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Diabetes Care 34:1932-3. 2011..Children and adults with type 1 diabetes who receive insulin pump therapy have reported hypoglycemia during air travel. We studied the effects of atmospheric pressure on insulin pump delivery...
- Advances in understanding corticotrophin-releasing hormone gene expressionBruce R King
Department of Endocrinology, Mothers and Babies Research Centre, John Hunter Hospital and University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW 2310, Australia
Front Biosci 12:581-90. 2007..These differences in promoter function lead to responses that meet specific physiological needs...
- Complex regulatory interactions control CRH gene expressionRichard C Nicholson
Mothers and Babies Research Centre, Hunter Medical Research Institute, University of Newcastle, NSW 2310, Australia
Front Biosci 9:32-9. 2004..A model is presented whereby CRH gene regulation is mediated via tissue specific expression of transcription factors...
- Identification of a family of DNA-binding proteins with homology to RNA splicing factorsKristy L Shipman
Mothers and Babies Research Centre, Hunter Medical Research Institute, University of Newcastle, Australia
Biochem Cell Biol 84:9-19. 2006..The 3 human CREAP proteins form a unique family with the potential to act as transcription factors that link to RNA processing...
- Novel glucocorticoid and cAMP interactions on the CRH gene promoterBruce R King
Mothers and Babies Research Centre, Hunter Medical Research Institute, John Hunter Hospital, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW 2310, Australia
Mol Cell Endocrinol 194:19-28. 2002..Tissue specific expression of transcription factors may mediate regulation of the CRH gene...
- Influence of and optimal insulin therapy for a low-glycemic index meal in children with type 1 diabetes receiving intensive insulin therapyRochelle L Ryan
School of Medicine, Faculty of Health, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, Australia
Diabetes Care 31:1485-90. 2008....
- Phenotype-genotype correlations in a series of wolfram syndrome familiesCasey J A Smith
John Hunter Children s Hospital, University of Newcastle and the Hunter Medical Research Institute, New South Wales, Australia
Diabetes Care 27:2003-9. 2004..Genotype-phenotype correlations in this syndrome are becoming apparent and may help in explaining some of the variable characteristics observed in this disease...
- Estrogen receptor-mediated down-regulation of corticotropin-releasing hormone gene expression is dependent on a cyclic adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate regulatory element in human placental syncytiotrophoblast cellsXin Ni
Department of Physiology, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, People s Republic of China
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:2312-8. 2004..In summary, our results demonstrate that a consensus CRE is required for the action of estrogen receptor ligands in human placental syncytiotrophoblast cells...
- Estrogen represses whereas the estrogen-antagonist ICI 182780 stimulates placental CRH gene expressionXin Ni
Department of Physiology, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:3774-8. 2002..Estrogen may therefore modulate placental CRH production, influencing the rate of rise of maternal plasma CRH concentrations and potentially the length of gestation...