Affiliation: New South Wales
- Basic concepts in meta-analysis: A primer for cliniciansA Khoshdel
Department of Nephrology, Faculty of Health, John Hunter Hospital, NSW, Australia
Int J Clin Pract 60:1287-94. 2006..Given the above-mentioned considerations, meta-analysis can provide a more precise estimate of an effect size to be used in clinical decision making...
- Disturbed hemodynamic cardiac exercise stress test response in non-smoking, normolipidemic, normotensive, diabetic subjectsAli R Khoshdel
Department of Nephrology, John Hunter Hospital, The University of Newcastle, Level 3, Locked Bag 1, Hunter Region Mail Centre, NSW 2310, Australia
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 75:193-9. 2007..In this study the hemodynamic response to a graded exercise has been evaluated in diabetic and non-diabetic individuals...
- Better management of cardiovascular diseases by pulse wave velocity: combining clinical practice with clinical research using evidence-based medicineAli R Khoshdel
Department of Nephrology, John Hunter Hospital, The University of Newcastle, NSW 2310, Australia
Clin Med Res 5:45-52. 2007..Furthermore, the above risk estimates could be incorporated into currently used cardiac risk scores to improve their predictive power and facilitate the clinical application of PWV...
- Potential roles of erythropoietin in the management of anaemia and other complications diabetesAlireza Khoshdel
Department of Nephrology, John Hunter Hospital, Faculty of Health, The University of Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Diabetes Obes Metab 10:1-9. 2008..It is proposed that anaemia and its causes must be important components of care in subjects with early diabetic renal damage...
- Haemodialysis-unresponsive blood pressure: cardiovascular mortality predictor?Adnan Mourad
Department of Nephrology, John Hunter Hospital, New Lambton Heights, NSW, Australia
Nephrology (Carlton) 10:438-41. 2005..To evaluate this reverse BP epidemiology in HD patients, HD-induced BP changes were compared with aortic pulse wave velocity (PWV), an independent predictor of cardiovascular mortality...