Affiliation: New South Wales
- Extreme cause-specific mortality in a cohort of adult prisoners--1988 to 2002: a data-linkage studyA Kariminia
Centre for Health Research in Criminal Justice, Sydney, Australia
Int J Epidemiol 36:310-6. 2007..Design: A retrospective cohort study of 85,203 adults imprisoned in New South Wales (NSW), Australia, between 1 January 1988 and 31 December 2002...
- Factors associated with mortality in a cohort of Australian prisonersAzar Kariminia
Centre for Health Research in Criminal Justice, Justice Health, 302 152 Bunnerong Road, Eastgardens, Sydney, NSW, 2035, Australia
Eur J Epidemiol 22:417-28. 2007..Prison health services need to develop interventions targeting high-risk groups to avoid this situation...
- Suicide risk among recently released prisoners in New South Wales, AustraliaAzar Kariminia
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 187:387-90. 2007..To determine the risk of suicide and drug overdose death among recently released prisoners...
- Mental health status of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Australian prisonersTony Butler
Centre for Health Research in Criminal Justice, Suite 302, Westfield Officer Tower, Eastgardens, NSW 2035, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 41:429-35. 2007..To compare the mental health of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal prisoners in New South Wales...
- Prisoners are at risk for hepatitis C transmissionTony Butler
Centre for Health Research in Criminal Justice, Sydney 2036, Australia
Eur J Epidemiol 19:1119-22. 2004..Determine the incidence of hepatitis C virus antibodies among a cohort of prisoners...
- Randomised controlled trial of effect of hands and knees posturing on incidence of occiput posterior position at birthAzar Kariminia
Midwifery Research, Hornsby Hospital, Palmerston Road, Hornsby, NSW 2077, Australia
BMJ 328:490. 2004..To evaluate the efficacy of hands and knees position and pelvic rocking exercises on the incidence of fetal occiput posterior position at birth...
- The self-reported health status of prisoners in New South WalesT Butler
Centre for Health Research in Criminal Justice Corrections Health Service, Eastgardens, New South Wales
Aust N Z J Public Health 28:344-50. 2004..To describe the physical health of the New South Wales prisoner population...
- Mortality among prisoners: how accurate is the Australian National Death Index?Azar Kariminia
Centre for Health Research in Criminal Justice, Suite 302, Westfield Office Towers, 152 Bunnerong Road, Eastgardens, New South Wales 2035
Aust N Z J Public Health 29:572-5. 2005..The objective of this research was to evaluate the accuracy of the Australian NDI to ascertain the mortality status of prisoners in New South Wales, Australia...
- Making choices for childbirth: development and testing of a decision-aid for women who have experienced previous caesareanAllison Shorten
Faculty of Nursing, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Patient Educ Couns 52:307-13. 2004..This decision-aid shows promise in facilitating informed decision-making in pregnancy. It is currently undergoing an evaluation in a multi-centre randomised controlled trial...
- Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal health differentials in Australian prisonersAzar Kariminia
Centre for Health Research in Criminal Justice Justice Health, New South Wales
Aust N Z J Public Health 31:366-71. 2007..Compare the self-reported physical and mental health of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal prisoners in New South Wales (NSW)...