Affiliation: New South Wales
- Physiotherapy-guided versus home-based, unsupervised rehabilitation in isolated anterior cruciate injuries following surgical reconstructionErik Hohmann
Musculoskeletal Research Unit, CQ University, PO Box 4045, Rockhampton, QLD 4700, Australia
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 19:1158-67. 2011....
- Runner's knowledge of their foot type: do they really know?Erik Hohmann
Department of Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, University of Technology, Munich, Germany
Foot (Edinb) 22:205-10. 2012..The use of correct individually selected running shoes may reduce the incidence of running injuries. However, the runner needs to be aware of their foot anatomy to ensure the "correct" footwear is chosen...
- Treatment of Neer type II fractures of the lateral clavicle using distal radius locking plates combined with TightRope augmentation of the coraco-clavicular ligamentsErik Hohmann
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Rockhampton Hospital, Rockhampton, Australia
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 132:1415-21. 2012....
- Accuracy of acetabular cup positioning using imageless navigationErik Hohmann
Musculoskeletal Research Unit, CQ University, Yaamba Road, Rockhampton 4700, Australia
J Orthop Surg Res 6:40. 2011....
- Is there a correlation between posterior tibial slope and non-contact anterior cruciate ligament injuries?Erik Hohmann
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Clinical Medical School, University of Queensland, Queensland, Australia
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 19:S109-14. 2011....
- Anabolic steroids after total knee arthroplasty. A double blinded prospective pilot studyErik Hohmann
Musculoskeletal Research Unit, Central Queensland University, Australia, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Clinical Medical School, University of Queensland, Australia
J Orthop Surg Res 5:93. 2010..abstract:..
- Does posterior tibial slope influence knee functionality in the anterior cruciate ligament-deficient and anterior cruciate ligament-reconstructed knee?Erik Hohmann
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Clinical Medical School, University of Queensland, Rockhampton, QLD 4700, Australia
Arthroscopy 26:1496-502. 2010..The purpose of this study was to investigate the relation between knee functionality and posterior tibial slope in anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)-deficient and ACL-reconstructed patients...
- Tunnel positioning in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: how long is the learning curve?Erik Hohmann
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Clinical Medical School, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 18:1576-82. 2010..Critical analysis in this consecutive series suggests that a caseload of approximately 100 procedures were necessary for this surgeon to refine his surgical technique beyond that acquired during formal training...
- Comparison of delayed and primary wound closure in the treatment of open tibial fracturesE Hohmann
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Musculoskeletal Research Unit, Central Queensland University, Rockhampton, QLD, Australia
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 127:131-6. 2007..Primary wound closure after adequate wound care and fracture stabilisation could therefore be considered a reasonable option...
- The effect of closed wedge high tibial osteotomy on tibial slope: a radiographic studyErik Hohmann
Musculoskeletal Research Unit, Central Queensland University, P O Box 4045, Rockhampton, QLD 4700, Australia
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 14:454-9. 2006..0001) decrease of the posterior tibial slope to a mean of 1.2 degrees . The magnitude of HTO in the frontal plane had no significant effect (P=0.739) on the postsurgical posterior tibial slope in the sagittal plane...
- [Osteoarthritis from long-distance running?]E Hohmann
Musculoskeletal Research Unit, Central Queensland University, Australia Abteilung und Poliklinik für Sportorthopädie der Technischen Universität München
Sportverletz Sportschaden 19:89-93. 2005..Significant malalignment of the lower extremity may cause increased focal loading of joint and cartilage...
- MR imaging of the hip and knee before and after marathon runningErik Hohmann
Department of Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, University of Munich, Germany, and the Department of Radiology, Klinikum re der Isar, University of Munich, Germany
Am J Sports Med 32:55-9. 2004..Participants were separately assessed for static lower extremity alignment, using standard radiographs...
- Anterior pelvic soft tissue thickness influences acetabular cup positioning with imageless navigationErik Hohmann
Musculoskeletal Research Unit, CQ University, Rockhampton QLD 4700, Australia
J Arthroplasty 27:945-52. 2012..Anterior soft tissue thickness had no significant effect on the accuracy of acetabular cup positioning...
- A comparison between imageless navigated and manual freehand technique acetabular cup placement in total hip arthroplastyErik Hohmann
Musculoskeletal Research Unit, CQ University, Australia
J Arthroplasty 26:1078-82. 2011..01). We demonstrated a significant increase in accuracy of placement of acetabular cups within the desired position and safe zone using imageless navigation...
- Neuromuscular adaptations and correlates of knee functionality following ACL reconstructionAdam L Bryant
Centre for Health, Exercise and Sports Medicine, School of Physiotherapy, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3010
J Orthop Res 26:126-35. 2008..More functional ACLR subjects demonstrated enhanced motor unit recruitment reflective of less quadriceps muscle fiber atrophy together with increased quadriceps strength and musculotendinous stiffness of the lower limb musculature...