Affiliation: New South Wales
- Risk factors for antepartum stillbirth and the influence of maternal age in New South Wales Australia: a population based studyAdrienne Gordon
Department of Neonatal Medicine, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, NSW 2050, Australia
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 13:12. 2013..The timing and reasons for age being a risk factor are less clear. This study aimed to document the gestational specific risk of maternal age throughout pregnancy and whether the underlying causes of stillbirth differ for older women...
- Stillbirth risk in a second pregnancyAdrienne Gordon
Department of Neonatal Medicine, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney School of Public Health and Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Obstet Gynecol 119:509-17. 2012..To estimate the risk of stillbirth in a second pregnancy when previous stillbirth, preterm, and small-for-gestational age (SGA) births occurred in the previous pregnancy...
- An evaluation of classification systems for stillbirthVicki Flenady
Mater Mothers Research Centre, Mater Health Services, Brisbane, Australia
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 9:24. 2009..We assessed the performance of six contemporary systems to inform the development of an internationally accepted approach...
- Causes of death and associated conditions (Codac): a utilitarian approach to the classification of perinatal deathsJ Frederik Frøen
Department of Genes and Environment, Division of Epidemiology, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Nydalen, Oslo, Norway
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 9:22. 2009..The appropriately applied Codac system promises to better manage information on causes of perinatal deaths, the conditions associated with them, and the most common clinical scenarios for future study and comparisons...
- Late-onset infection and the role of antibiotic prescribing policiesAdrienne Gordon
Department of Neonatal Medicine, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, New South Wales, Australia
Curr Opin Infect Dis 17:231-6. 2004..Current data on the epidemiology of late-onset infection, the types of antibiotics used, duration of antibiotic use, and antibiotic prescribing policies are reviewed...
- Late onset neonatal Gram-negative bacillary infection in Australia and New Zealand: 1992-2002Adrienne Gordon
Department of Neonatal Medicine, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:25-9. 2006..Late onset neonatal Gram-negative bacillary infection is a significant cause of morbidity and mortality...
- Classification and description of stillbirths in New South Wales, 2002-2004Adrienne Gordon
Newborn Care, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
Med J Aust 188:645-8. 2008....
- Histological chorioamnionitis is increased at extremes of gestation in stillbirth: a population-based studyAdrienne Gordon
Department of Neonatal Medicine, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2011:456728. 2011..To determine the incidence of histological chorioamnionitis and a fetal response in stillbirths in New South Wales (NSW), and to examine any relationship of fetal response to spontaneous onset of labour and to unexplained antepartum death...
- Chorioamnionitis and fetal response in stillbirthMonica M Lahra
Department of Neonatal Medicine, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, New South Wales, Australia
Am J Obstet Gynecol 196:229.e1-4. 2007....
- Reclassification of unexplained stillbirths using clinical practice guidelinesElizabeth Headley
Department of Neonatal Medicine, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, New South Wales, Sydney
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 49:285-9. 2009..A clinical practice guideline (CPG) produced by the Perinatal Society of Australia and New Zealand (PSANZ) Perinatal Mortality Special Interest Group is in use to assist clinicians in the investigation and audit of perinatal deaths...
- A method for developing standardised interactive education for complex clinical guidelinesJanet I Vaughan
Maternal Fetal Medicine Unit, John Hunter Hospital, Lookout Road, New Lambton, NSW, 2305, Australia
BMC Med Educ 12:108. 2012..Our aim was to transform the PSANZ-CPG into an education workshop to develop quality standardised interactive education acceptable to participants for learning skills in collaborative interprofessional care...
- A cross-sectional study of maternal perception of fetal movements and antenatal advice in a general pregnant population, using a qualitative frameworkCamille H Raynes-Greenow
Sydney School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, 2006, Australia
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 13:32. 2013..Therefore we aimed to examine maternal perception of fetal movements using a qualitative framework...
- Customised versus population-based growth charts as a screening tool for detecting small for gestational age infants in low-risk pregnant womenAngela E Carberry
RPA Newborn Care, RPA Women and Babies, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and University of Sydney, School of Public Health, Missenden Road, Camperdown, Sydney, Australia, NSW 2050
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 12:CD008549. 2011..Customised charts adjust for physiological variables such as maternal weight and height, ethnicity and parity...
- Withdrawal of neonatal mechanical ventilation against the parents' wishesDavid Isaacs
Clinical Ethics Advisory Committee, Children s Hospital at Westmead, Westmead, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 42:311-5. 2006..We describe the management of two babies where there was disagreement between the parents and hospital staff, and discuss the medical, legal and ethical implications of the two cases...