Affiliation: New South Wales
- The beneficial effect on family life in treating borderline personalityFriederike Gerull
Westmead Psychotherapy Research Program, University of Sydney, Westmead Hospital, Westmead, NSW, Australia
Psychiatry 71:59-70. 2008..It was found that the perceived relationships with children and partners improved significantly for the CM group but not for the TAU group...
- Somatization and stimulus entrapmentRussell Meares
Westmead Hospital and Brain Dynamics Centre, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Am Acad Psychoanal Dyn Psychiatry 36:165-80. 2008..Two studies are briefly presented in summary form suggesting that somatization may be ameliorated by a form of therapy which focuses on "inner" material as a means of overcoming "stimulus entrapment."..
- Is self disturbance the core of borderline personality disorder? An outcome study of borderline personality factorsRussell Meares
Department of Psychological Medicine, University of Sydney, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 45:214-22. 2011..To determine which constellation of clinical features constitutes the core of borderline personality disorder (BPD)...
- Harm avoidance, self-harm, psychic pain, and the borderline personality: life in a "haunted house"Anthony Korner
Westmead Psychotherapy Research Program, University of Sydney and Sydney West Area Health Service, Sydney, Australia
Compr Psychiatry 48:303-8. 2007..Reduction in harm avoidance with psychotherapy could suggest an impact of treatment on temperament or may indicate that the harm avoidance construct is influenced by state variables such as mood...
- A university psychotherapy training program in a psychiatric hospital: 25 years of the conversational model in the treatment of patients with borderline personality disorderJoan Haliburn
Westmead Hospital, Parramatta, NSW, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 17:25-8. 2009....