Pamela Wish Garrett
Affiliation: New South Wales
- Representations and coverage of non-English-speaking immigrants and multicultural issues in three major Australian health care publicationsPamela W Garrett
Simpson Centre for Health Services Research, University of New South Wales, 2 4 Speed St Liverpool, BC1871, Sydney, Australia
Aust New Zealand Health Policy 7:1. 2010..Reviews were undertaken of the last twelve (12) years (1996-August 2008) of journal articles using six standard search terms: 'non-English-speaking', 'ethnic', 'migrant', 'immigrant', 'refugee' and 'multicultural'...
- "The Happy Migrant Effect": perceptions of negative experiences of healthcare by patients with little or no English: a qualitative study across seven language groupsP W Garrett
Simpson Centre for Health Services Research, The University of New South Wales, Liverpool Health Service, Locked Bag 7103, Liverpool BC NSW 1871, Australia
Qual Saf Health Care 17:101-3. 2008..The subjective experiences of patients with little or no English who either attended the Emergency Department or were admitted to the wards of a tertiary referral hospital were explored. Setting and..
- Communication and healthcare complexity in people with little or no English: the Communication Complexity ScorePamela Wish Garrett
Simpson Centre for Health Services Research, Liverpool Health Service, and, University of NSW, Faculty of Medicine, Sydney, Australia
Ethn Health 13:203-17. 2008..To investigate the level of healthcare complexity of patients with limited English and the probability of use of professional interpreters, at a tertiary hospital in a multicultural area of Sydney, Australia...
- What do non-English-speaking patients value in acute care? Cultural competency from the patient's perspective: a qualitative studyPamela Wish Garrett
Simpson Centre for Health Services Research, Liverpool Health Service, University of NSW, Sydney, Australia
Ethn Health 13:479-96. 2008..The purpose of this research was to locate cultural competence within the experiential domain of the non-English-speaking patient...
- How are language barriers bridged in acute hospital care? The tale of two methods of data collectionPamela W Garrett
Simpson Centre for Health Services Research, University of NSW and Liverpool Health Service, Locked Bag 7103 Liverpool BC, Sydney, NSW 1871, Australia
Aust Health Rev 32:755-64. 2008..To explore language service provision in a pilot hospital study with two methods of data collection...