Affiliation: New South Wales
- Perioperative acute upper gastrointestinal haemorrhage in older patients with hip fracture: incidence, risk factors and preventionL Fisher
Department of Gastroenterology, The Canberra Hospital, ACT, Australia
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 25:297-308. 2007..No specific preventive strategy exists for acute gastrointestinal haemorrhage in hip fracture patients...
- Vitamin D and parathyroid hormone in outpatients with noncholestatic chronic liver diseaseLeon Fisher
Department of Gastroenterology, Canberra Hospital, ACT, Australia
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 5:513-20. 2007..Our aim was to determine the prevalence and type of vitamin D-parathyroid hormone (PTH) disturbance in ambulatory patients with noncholestatic chronic liver disease (CLD) and its relationship with disease severity and liver function...
- Prevalence of vitamin K and vitamin D deficiency in patients with hepatobiliary and pancreatic disordersLeon Fisher
Department of Gastroenterology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Nedlands, WA 6009, Australia
Nutr Res 29:676-83. 2009..Liver dysfunction is associated with and predictive of vitamin K deficiency of bone and decreased production of osteocalcin, indicating the need for appropriate supplementation...
- Endoscopic skills training in a simulated clinical settingLeon Fisher
Department of Gastroenterology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth, Australia
Simul Healthc 5:232-7. 2010..We describe a simulation and scenario-based model of training in gastrointestinal endoscopic hemostasis, which combines acquisition of procedural and problem-solving skills in a close to reality simulated clinical setting...
- Liver function parameters in hip fracture patients: relations to age, adipokines, comorbidities and outcomesLeon Fisher
1 Department of gastroenterology, The Canberra Hospital, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Int J Med Sci 12:100-15. 2015..To asses liver markers in older patients with hip fracture (HF) in relation to age, comorbidities, metabolic characteristics and short-term outcomes...
- Cardiopulmonary complications of ERCP in older patientsLeon Fisher
Department of Gastroenterology, The Canberra Hospital, Woden, Canberra, ACT 2606, Australia
Gastrointest Endosc 63:948-55. 2006..Biochemical markers of ERCP-related myocardial injury have not previously been investigated...
- Endoscopic ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration of solid pancreatic lesions: Performance and outcomesLeon Fisher
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth, Australia
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 24:90-6. 2009..We report our single-centre experience with endoscopic ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration (EUS-FNA) of solid pancreatic lesions with regard to clinical utility, diagnostic accuracy and safety...