Affiliation: New South Wales
- Mistaken, misshapen and mythical images of nurse education: creating a shared identity for clinical nurse educator practiceJane Conway
Organisational Education Learning and Development, Northern Sydney Central Coast Health, Gosford, NSW 2250, Australia
Nurse Educ Pract 7:187-94. 2007..Each of these has overlapping and complementary roles to support learning, however, the primary focus and area of responsibility varies among each of these groups...
- Stepping out: education for cardiac recoveryAnnette Solman
Central Coast Area Health Service, Gosford, Australia
Contemp Nurse 17:159-66. 2004..A number of recommendations that emerged from the study have since been implemented in practice and the effect of these changes are being evaluated in a follw up study...
- The contribution of the Patient Support Assistant to direct patient care: an exploration of nursing and PSA role perceptionsJane Conway
Organisational Education, Learning and Development, Northern Sydney Central Coast Health, Sydney NSW, Australia
Contemp Nurse 24:175-88. 2007..A major recommendation of the study is that employment of Assistants in Nursing may provide enhanced scope and role clarity for unregulated workers to assist nurses in providing nursing care...
- Processes, outcomes and evaluation: challenges to practice development in gerontological nursingJane Conway
Central Coast Health, New South Wales, Australia
J Clin Nurs 13:121-7. 2004..In addition, it helps to clarify the nature of the evaluation required to provide evidence of patient-centred outcomes from developments in the practice of gerontological nursing...
- Enhancing cardiac rehabilitation nursing through aligning practice to theory: implications for nursing educationJane Conway
Organisational Learning and Development, Northern Sydney Central Coast Health, Sydney, Australia
J Contin Educ Nurs 37:233-8. 2006..Practice development provides a mechanism through which to examine the congruence between patient needs and nurse perception of those needs...
- An exploration of the concept of patient education: implications for the development of educational programmes for relapsed post-bone marrow transplantation patients and their families in KoreaSoo Jin Yoon
Department of Nursing, Cheju Halla College, Korea
Int J Nurs Pract 12:129-35. 2006..This paper proposes a framework for the development of a palliative educational programme for relapsed post-BMT patients and their families in Korea. The framework was developed through a concept analysis of patient education...
- Congruence or conflict? Challenges in implementing problem-based learning across nursing culturesJane Conway
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Health, Problem Based Learning Assessment and Research Centre, University of Newcastle, University Drive, Callaghan, Newcastle, New South Wales 2308, Australia
Int J Nurs Pract 8:235-9. 2002....
- The professional development needs of registered nurses in residential aged careSharyn Hunter
School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Newcastle and Consultant, Anglican Care, New South Wales
Collegian 14:6-11. 2007..As a result of the research a number of issues pertinent to staff and role development of RNs were identified...
- The perceptions of high school careers advisers regarding nursing: an Australian studyJennie King
Learning and Development Service, Northern Sydney Central Coast Health and Clinical Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Sydney NSW, Australia
Contemp Nurse 24:137-46. 2007..This suggests that despite a range of initiatives to promote registered nursing as a career choice, careers advisers are not influencing significant numbers of school students to consider registered nursing as career...
- Exploring the culture of an ICU. The imperative for facilitative leadershipJane Conway
School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Newcastle, University Drive, Callaghan, NSW 2308, Australia
Nurs Leadersh Forum 6:117-24. 2002....
- The changing skill mix and scope of practice of health care workers in New South Wales: implications of education and training reforms for registered nurse practice, performance and educationJane Conway
Contemp Nurse 26:221-4. 2007