Daniel Kam Yin Chan
Affiliation: New South Wales
- Frontotemporal dementia - features, diagnosis and managementDaniel K Y Chan
University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Aust Fam Physician 40:968-72. 2011..Frontotemporal dementia is the third or fourth most common form of dementia in the 45-65 years age group. It causes significant morbidity as well as a six to eightfold increase in mortality risk...
- Meta-analysis of the cardiovascular benefits of intensive lipid lowering with statinsD K Y Chan
Department of Aged Care, Stroke and Rehabilitation, Bankstown Lidcombe Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Acta Neurol Scand 124:188-95. 2011..To evaluate the efficacy of intensive lipid lowering with higher-dose statins...
- LRRK2 Gly2385Arg mutation and clinical features in a Chinese population with early-onset Parkinson's disease compared to late-onset patientsDaniel Kam Yin Chan
Department of Aged Care and Rehabilitation, Bankstown Lidcombe Hospital, Locked Bag 1600, Bankstown, NSW 2200, Australia
J Neural Transm 115:1275-7. 2008..The mean age of onset among LRRK2 G2385R carriers was 42.7 years old for early-onset compared to 74.3 for late-onset patients. LRRK2 G2385R mutation appears to be as prevalent among early-onset as late-onset patients...
- PARK2 mutations and clinical features in a Chinese population with early-onset Parkinson's diseaseDaniel Kam Yin Chan
Department of Aged Care and Rehabilitation, Bankstown Hospital, Bankstown, NSW, Australia
J Neural Transm 115:715-9. 2008..A compound heterozygous mutation within two sisters with significant differences in age of onset and phenotypic manifestations suggest that modifier affects may be present in this family...
- Images in clinical medicine. Obturator herniaDaniel Kam Yin Chan
Bankstown Hospital, Bankstown NSW 2200, Australia
N Engl J Med 355:1714. 2006
- Comparison of environmental and genetic factors for Parkinson's disease between Chinese and CaucasiansDaniel Kam Yin Chan
Department of Age Care and Rehabilitation, Bankstown Health Service, NSW, Australia
Neuroepidemiology 23:13-22. 2004....
- A new hypothesis (concept) of diagnosing Alzheimer's diseaseDaniel Kam Yin Chan
University of New South Wales, Department of Aged Care and Rehabilitation, Bankstown Hospital, New South Wales, Australia
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 57:M645-7. 2002..Comparison of data may be easier and more valid if the diagnosis of dementia is standardized under this model. Advantages and challenges of this concept are further discussed...
- The art of treating Parkinson disease in the older patientDaniel Kam Yin Chan
University of New South Wales, Aged Care and Rehabilitation, Bankstown Hospital, New South Wales
Aust Fam Physician 32:927-31. 2003..Parkinson disease (PD) is a neurodegenerative disorder that increases sharply after the sixth decade. There are many disorders in the elderly that exhibit some parkinsonian signs that can be confused with PD...
- Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene A222V polymorphism and risk of ischemic strokeLarry Baum
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, PR China
Clin Chem Lab Med 42:1370-6. 2004..Perhaps folate supplementation for stroke prevention would particularly benefit VV individuals in such high-risk regions...
- [The merits of comprehensive therapy for acute stroke]Shaoshi Wang
Department of Neurology, The Branch of Shanghai First Hospital, Shanghai 200082, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 41:725-7. 2002..01). CONCLUSION: Prognosis of acute stroke patients managed by comprehensive therapy in stroke unit was superior to that treated conventionally in neurological ward...
- Associations of apolipoprotein E exon 4 and lipoprotein lipase S447X polymorphisms with acute ischemic stroke and myocardial infarctionLarry Baum
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong
Clin Chem Lab Med 44:274-81. 2006....