Affiliation: New South Wales
- Interrater and intrarater reliability of photoplethysmography for measuring toe blood pressure and toe-brachial index in people with diabetes mellitusChristopher Scanlon
Diabetes Service, Nepean Hospital, Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health Network, Level 3 West Block, Derby St Kingswood, NSW, 2747, Australia
J Foot Ankle Res 5:13. 2012..abstract:..
- Transitioning outcome measures: relationship between the CMTPedS and CMTNSv2 in children, adolescents, and young adults with Charcot-Marie-Tooth diseaseJoshua Burns
The University of Sydney and Institute for Neuroscience and Muscle Research, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Peripher Nerv Syst 18:177-80. 2013..Although one universal scale throughout life would be ideal, our data supports the transition from the CMTPedS in childhood to the CMTNSv2 in adulthood as a continuum of measuring lifelong disability in patients with CMT...
- Validation of the Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease pediatric scale as an outcome measure of disabilityJoshua Burns
Children s Hospital at Westmead and University of Sydney, Australia
Ann Neurol 71:642-52. 2012..We identified a set of items that represent a range of impairment levels and conducted a series of validation studies to build a patient-centered multi-item rating scale of disability for children with CMT...
- Symmetry of foot alignment and ankle flexibility in paediatric Charcot-Marie-Tooth diseaseJoshua Burns
The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 27:744-7. 2012..Level in the variation of symmetry of musculoskeletal lower limb involvement across the clinical population is unknown, despite early reports describing gross asymmetry...
- Unknotting night-time muscle cramp: a survey of patient experience, help-seeking behaviour and perceived treatment effectivenessFiona Blyton
The University of Sydney Medical School School of Health Sciences, The University of Newcastle, PO Box 127, Ourimbah 2258 NSW, Australia
J Foot Ankle Res 5:7. 2012..abstract:..
- Serial night casting increases ankle dorsiflexion range in children and young adults with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease: a randomised trialKristy J Rose
Institute for Neuroscience and Muscle Research, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Westmead, NSW, 2145, Australia
J Physiother 56:113-9. 2010..of serial night casting followed by 4 weeks of stretching of the gastrocnemius and soleus improve ankle dorsiflexion range and other outcomes compared with no intervention in children and young adults with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease?..
- Factors associated with foot and ankle strength in healthy preschool-age children and age-matched cases of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1AKristy J Rose
Discipline of Paediatrics and Child Health, Sydney Medical School, The University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Child Neurol 25:463-8. 2010....
- Health status of boys with Duchenne muscular dystrophy: a parent's perspectivePaula Bray
Institute for Neuroscience and Muscle Research, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Westmead, Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 47:557-62. 2011..To investigate parent-reported health status of boys with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) compared with a large Australian normative population and a cohort of children with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A (CMT1A)...
- Interventions for increasing ankle range of motion in patients with neuromuscular diseaseKristy J Rose
Institute of Neuroscience and Muscle Research, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Discipline of Paediatrics and Child Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2:CD006973. 2010..AUTHORS' CONCLUSIONS: There is no evidence of significant benefit from any intervention for increasing ankle range of motion in Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A or Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Further research is required...
- Feasibility of foot and ankle strength training in childhood Charcot-Marie-Tooth diseaseJoshua Burns
Discipline of Paediatrics and Child Health, Sydney Medical School, The University of Sydney Institute for Neuroscience and Muscle Research, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Neuromuscul Disord 19:818-21. 2009..Compliance was high and there were no adverse events. This case suggests progressive strength training might be a feasible intervention to help foot weakness and disability in childhood CMT...
- Randomized trial of botulinum toxin to prevent pes cavus progression in pediatric Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1AJoshua Burns
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Muscle Nerve 42:262-7. 2010..There was no effect of BoNT-A on secondary outcomes. There were no serious adverse events. At 24 months, the intramuscular BoNT-A injections proved safe and well-tolerated but did not affect the progression of pes cavus in CMT1A...
- Importance and challenges of measuring intrinsic foot muscle strengthAchini Soysa
Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Research Group, Faculty of Health Science, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
J Foot Ankle Res 5:29. 2012..abstract:..
- Prevalence and impact of chronic musculoskeletal ankle disorders in the communityClaire E Hiller
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 93:1801-7. 2012..To determine the point prevalence of chronic musculoskeletal ankle disorders in the community...
- Effects of ankle-foot orthoses for children with hemiplegia on weight-bearing and functional abilityTara O'Reilly
The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, Australia
Pediatr Phys Ther 21:225-34. 2009..To compare the effects of a leaf spring ankle-foot orthosis (LAFO) and a hinged AFO with plantar flexion stop with that of shoe only on weight-bearing and function in children with hemiplegia...