Sonia E Wutzke
Affiliation: National Prescribing Service
- The long-term effectiveness of brief interventions for unsafe alcohol consumption: a 10-year follow-upSonia E Wutzke
Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Addiction 97:665-75. 2002..To examine the long-term impact of brief and early interventions for hazardous and harmful alcohol consumption...
- Evaluation of a national programme to reduce inappropriate use of antibiotics for upper respiratory tract infections: effects on consumer awareness, beliefs, attitudes and behaviour in AustraliaSonia E Wutzke
National Prescribing Service Ltd, PO Box 1147, Strawberry Hills, Sydney, NSW 2012, Australia
Health Promot Int 22:53-64. 2007..44 million in 2001-02) and, specifically, by a decline among the nine antibiotics commonly used for URTI such that by 2003 nationally 216,000 fewer prescriptions for URTI are written each year by general practitioners...
- Measuring change in prescription drug utilization in AustraliaJohn A Mandryk
National Prescribing Service Ltd, Surry Hills, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:477-84. 2006..This report compares two statistical methods used to determine whether multiple educational interventions influenced antibiotic prescription in Australia...
- The effectiveness of a tailored intervention for excessive alcohol consumption prior to elective surgerySwati Shourie
School of Public Health, University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
Alcohol Alcohol 41:643-9. 2006..To assess the effectiveness of a tailored pre-operative intervention for excessive alcohol consumption in reducing post-operative complications and alcohol consumption thereafter...
- Measurement of changes in antihypertensive drug utilisation following primary care educational interventionsFiona E Horn
National Prescribing Service Ltd, Surry Hills, Sydney, NSW 2012, Australia
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:297-308. 2007..To measure changes in drug utilisation following a national general practice education program aimed at improving prescribing for hypertension...
- Do elective surgery patients use the internet to look for information about their condition?Elizabeth M Proude
School of Public Health, University of Sydney, and Drug Health Service, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, New South Wales, Australia
ANZ J Surg 74:304-7. 2004..As 54% of Australians have access to the internet, it might be expected that people scheduled for surgery would look for information on it. No reported Australian studies have quantified internet use by patients before surgery...
- Naltrexone in alcohol dependence: a randomised controlled trial of effectiveness in a standard clinical settingNoeline C Latt
Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney and Herbert Street Drug and Alcohol Clinic, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, NSW 2065, Australia
Med J Aust 176:530-4. 2002..To determine whether naltrexone is beneficial in the treatment of alcohol dependence in the absence of obligatory psychosocial intervention...
- Evaluation of a national quality use of medicines service in Australia: an evolving modelJustin Beilby
University of Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Eval Clin Pract 12:202-17. 2006....
- Pre-operative screening for excessive alcohol consumption among patients scheduled for elective surgerySwati Shourie
School of Public Health, The University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
Drug Alcohol Rev 26:119-25. 2007..The role of the referring general practitioner and of printed advice from the surgeon in preparing patients for surgery needs further investigation...