Genomes and Genes
Stephen J Wylie
Affiliation: Murdoch University
- Ong J, Li H, Sivasithamparam K, Dixon K, Jones M, Wylie S. Novel and divergent viruses associated with Australian orchid-fungus symbioses. Virus Res. 2018;244:276-283 pubmed publisher..A novel hypovirus and a mitovirus were genetically distant from existing members of the genera and did not readily fit into recognised subgroups. ..
- Dastogeer K, Li H, Sivasithamparam K, Jones M, Wylie S. A simple and rapid in vitro test for large-scale screening of fungal endophytes from drought-adapted Australian wild plants for conferring water deprivation tolerance and growth promotion in Nicotiana benthamiana seedlings. Arch Microbiol. 2017;199:1357-1370 pubmed publisher..promoted seedling growth by increasing shoot length and biomass. The fungal isolate E-162 (C. cladosporioides) significantly enhanced moisture deprivation tolerance as well as promoted seedling growth. ..
- Ong J, Li H, Sivasithamparam K, Dixon K, Jones M, Wylie S. Novel Endorna-like viruses, including three with two open reading frames, challenge the membership criteria and taxonomy of the Endornaviridae. Virology. 2016;499:203-211 pubmed publisher..The unusual features of these new viruses challenge current taxonomic criteria for membership of the family Endornaviridae. ..
- Koh S, Ong J, Admiraal R, Sivasithamparam K, Jones M, Wylie S. A novel member of the Tombusviridae from a wild legume, Gompholobium preissii. Arch Virol. 2016;161:2893-8 pubmed publisher..The proposed virus, named Gompholobium virus A, and TLV1 are genetically closest to viruses in the genera Alphacarmovirus and Pelarspovirus, family Tombusviridae, but they share features distinguishing them from both groups. ..
- Wylie S, Tan A, Li H, Dixon K, Jones M. Caladenia virus A, an unusual new member of the family Potyviridae from terrestrial orchids in Western Australia. Arch Virol. 2012;157:2447-52 pubmed publisher..CalVA is the only proposed member of the genus Poacevirus not isolated from a poaceous host...
- Wylie S, Jones M. Complete genome sequences of seven carlavirus and potyvirus isolates from Narcissus and Hippeastrum plants in Australia, and proposals to clarify their naming. Arch Virol. 2012;157:1471-80 pubmed publisher..Proposals are made to clarify the current confusion surrounding the naming of some of these viruses...
- Wylie S, Luo H, Li H, Jones M. Multiple polyadenylated RNA viruses detected in pooled cultivated and wild plant samples. Arch Virol. 2012;157:271-84 pubmed publisher..Four were unknown and are proposed as members of the genera Potyvirus, Sadwavirus, and Trichovirus. Virus sequences were subsequently matched to original host plants using RT-PCR assays...
- Wylie S, Coutts B, Jones R. Genetic variability of the coat protein sequence of pea seed-borne mosaic virus isolates and the current relationship between phylogenetic placement and resistance groups. Arch Virol. 2011;156:1287-90 pubmed publisher..Clade A contained isolates in pathotypes P-1, P-2 and U-2; clade B, one isolate in P-2; and clade C, only isolates in P-4. ..
- Wylie S, Jones M. Hardenbergia virus A, a novel member of the family Betaflexiviridae from a wild legume in Southwest Australia. Arch Virol. 2011;156:1245-50 pubmed publisher..The protein encoded by ORF2 has homology with p30-like viral movement proteins. The predicted genome organization and phylogeny of gene products places Hardenbergia virus A within the family Betaflexiviridae...